What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Okay that makes sense, Thank you all, you have been most helpful. :) I hope you you don´t mind if I stick around and pop in with a newbie question now and then :-D

Your welcome and yes drop in anytime thats what these forums are for. :)

I don't have native IPv6, but do run an HE Tunnel....so don't think it's IPv6 related. The other thing that struck me as strange, is your internet graph was all 'blue'....blue is outgoing traffic????? Now from the data at the bottom, it looks like it may be overlaying outgoing data with incoming data (the in's and outs are virtually equal). That's why if you get a chance, it would be interesting to get some controlled realtime data.

Yes, I just ran a couple of speed tests that showed up in the real time data. Then I switched to the "last 24 hours", and they showed up in the "internet" graph, but were not on the "wired" graph. So there's data being lost between the real time data and getting it transferred to the "wired" and "wireless" "last 24 hours" view.

Weird...wonder what happens to the data for the wired and wireless "last 24 hours" graph?

Weird...wonder what happens to the data for the wired and wireless "last 24 hours" graph?
I just doubled checked with a couple of new speedtests and both wired and wireless are showing up on the 24 hour view for me. I wonder if something is corrupt in the data files. Maybe try resetting the data files on the Tools>Other Settings page?

I just doubled checked with a couple of new speedtests and both wired and wireless are showing up on the 24 hour view for me. I wonder if something is corrupt in the data files. Maybe try resetting the data files on the Tools>Other Settings page?

Just a random guess but could the difference be Roger has the 68P rather then the 68U (R) ? I know they are suppose to be the same.

Just a random guess but could the difference be Roger has the 68P rather then the 68U (R) ? I know they are suppose to be the same.
I had thought about that.....if only the wireless monitoring was not working, I 'd really suspect that since that hardware is slightly different. But the wired should be exactly the same.

Not seeing a reset for the data files in Tools -> Other Settings...is there a way to do that using telnet to the router?

Sounds like a good idea, though. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Hey, first of all, Thanks for the updates and keeping this firmware alive, John. I'm running v13 and its been rockin' - Really happy with the routers performance. Been running this firmware since you first released it and its been great.

Since there was some talk about the traffic monitor, it kinda reminded me of something I've been meaning to post about thats been bugging me about the traffic monitor. I really dislike the fact that all the tabs are globally scaled to which ever tab is pulling the most data. (usually the internet tab, but often times not). So if theres high traffic on the 2ghz band for example, it scales the rest of the tabs to match and you can barely even read the data on some of them. Kinda defeats the purpose imo, but maybe I'm picky. :)

I am wondering if this is within the scope of something you could take a look at? Is there any way to make it so each tab is scaled individually per the tabs traffic? It would be awesome if it was something that was really easy to fix or implement...

Thanks again for the awesome firmware and updating it on a regular basis and taking feedback from others. I appreciate it. :cool:

Not seeing a reset for the data files in Tools -> Other Settings...is there a way to do that using telnet to the router?
Tools > Other Settings > Traffic Monitoring > Create or reset data files (Enable if using a new location):

Tools > Other Settings > Traffic Monitoring > Create or reset data files (Enable if using a new location):

Here are my traffic monitoring settings (v13):

traffic monitoring settings.jpg

Ah, I think that's your problem. "Traffic history location" needs to be something other than RAM.

RAM is the default, it should work, and there should be a way to clear the database. Other than rebooting, that is. I'd rather be writing into RAM than nvram, since nvram has limited number of writes before it fails.

I suspect that if I rebooted that would clear the database, since it's in RAM. Hoping there's another way to clear it.

Thanks.

@RogerSC - You can always plug in a usb stick and select custom location.....

But, give this a try via telnet/ssh (not entirely sure it will really clear it, but worth an attempt)

service restart_rstats

BTW....here's the settings I'm using. Personally, I'm not worried about the nvram writes....I figure I'll be in the market for a new router long before anything wears out.

Attachments

• tm.JPG
    tm.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
I really dislike the fact that all the tabs are globally scaled to which ever tab is pulling the most data. (usually the internet tab, but often times not). So if theres high traffic on the 2ghz band for example, it scales the rest of the tabs to match and you can barely even read the data on some of them. Kinda defeats the purpose imo, but maybe I'm picky. :)
I think the intent here was to be able to easily compare the various interfaces when switching between them (makes it easy to see who is dominating internet transfers for example).

It's been a long time since I looked at that code, but I'll give it another look and see how difficult it is to give an option to scale each graph individually.

@RogerSC - You can always plug in a usb stick and select custom location.....

But, give this a try via telnet/ssh (not entirely sure it will really clear it, but worth an attempt)

service restart_rstats

BTW....here's the settings I'm using. Personally, I'm not worried about the nvram writes....I figure I'll be in the market for a new router long before anything wears out.

Not sure about that...the reason that ssd/flash memory lasts well for a computer hard drive is because either the user is doing manual TRIM commands, or for the newer OS's TRIM commands are issued automatically for wear-leveling. I've heard that ssd doesn't last well if wear-leveling isn't done. We'll see, anyways.

Thanks, I'll think about what I want to do here.

Not sure about that.... We'll see, anyways.

Yes, I'm watching it for any bad signs, we'll see.....I probably beat on the router flash much more than the average user between work on this fork and my nvram utility. And I have my traffic history saved with those parameters since the beginning of the year.

For me, I wore out the power switch first (Not the typical won't stay engaged failure, the contacts actually started being intermittent) :)

RAM is the default, it should work, and there should be a way to clear the database. Other than rebooting, that is. I'd rather be writing into RAM than nvram, since nvram has limited number of writes before it fails.

I suspect that if I rebooted that would clear the database, since it's in RAM. Hoping there's another way to clear it.

Thanks.

Shame to reboot the router to do this, but I did (after only 2 weeks), and the traffic manager last-24-hours graphs have been cleared. Did a speed test again, which shows up on the "internet" last-24-hours graph, but not the "wired" last-24-hours graph. Didn't show up on the "real-time" "wired" graph, either.

It may not have shown up on the "wired" "realtime" graph last time either, when I said it did, since the way the graph works here is that I click on "wired" and in a short time it goes back to "internet" on its own. That may have been what happened last time, I clicked on "wired", and it went back to "internet" and that's where I saw the traffic. This time I kept clicking on "wired" to keep it on the "wired" graph, and it showed no traffic while the speed test was running.

Oh well, so it goes. Now that I've rebooted, might as well try some new firmware on a different router. I'll look around some and see what's new.

Thanks.

since the way the graph works here is that I click on "wired" and in a short time it goes back to "internet" on its own.
I know that one has never been reported before.....are you still running ESET? Any password managers? Could your exclusions for the router ip have been reset somewhere?

Not sure about that...the reason that ssd/flash memory lasts well for a computer hard drive is because either the user is doing manual TRIM commands, or for the newer OS's TRIM commands are issued automatically for wear-leveling. I've heard that ssd doesn't last well if wear-leveling isn't done. We'll see, anyways.

Thanks, I'll think about what I want to do here.
The router NAND write endurance is MUCH higher than with what they use in an SSD.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!