What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Okay, this needs explaining ...FORK, and is this merlin´s Work or what..

And what is the install proses on this "fork merlin" is this someting u install on top of merlin or Asus FW ?, and where can this be downloaded. ?

Okay, this needs explaining ...FORK, and is this merlin´s Work or what..

And what is the install proses on this "fork merlin" is this someting u install on top of merlin or Asus FW ?, and where can this be downloaded. ?
Give a read to the first post in the thread.....should answer your questions.

Can someone explain how to do complete factory reset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Untitled.jpg

And after pressing the Restore factory defaults button in the previous post, DO NOT load a saved configuration file. Configure the settings fresh by hand.

Holding the "reset" button on the back pressed for about 10 seconds (or until the power light is blinking) also resets a router to factory defaults. Especially useful for the case you can't get into the admin GUI.

Holding the "reset" button on the back pressed for about 10 seconds (or until the power light is blinking) also resets a router to factory defaults. Especially useful for the case you can't get into the admin GUI.

Yes and dont forget the WPS method, Hold down WPS button and apply power and hold for 15 sec. Always works perfect and clears all NVram. :)

Now if i could just get Netgear to stop filtering ICMPv6 packets. :eek:

Updated from V10 to V13 two days ago. No issues to report at this time. Internet, torrents, wifi, working great.

Again, thanks for your hard work dude.

So is this how i should do ?

Fork Merlin ( RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-13E1j9527.trx ) Asus RT-N66U

1. Simply flash it like any regular update. You should not need to
reset to factory defaults (see note below for exceptions).
You can revert back to an original Asus firmware at any time just
by flashing a firmware downloaded from Asus's website.

resetting to factory default after flashing is
strongly recommended

(A factory default reset is NOT required if coming from any level of the fork or Merlin 374.42 or 374.43 code. Coming from any other level does require a factory default reset after the code is loaded.) Im on Asus`s New Firmware.

So is this how i should do ?

Fork Merlin ( RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-13E1j9527.trx ) Asus RT-N66U

1. Simply flash it like any regular update. You should not need to
reset to factory defaults (see note below for exceptions).
You can revert back to an original Asus firmware at any time just
by flashing a firmware downloaded from Asus's website.

strongly recommended

(A factory default reset is NOT required if coming from any level of the fork or Merlin 374.42 or 374.43 code. Coming from any other level does require a factory default reset after the code is loaded.) Im on Asus`s New Firmware.

You got it. Its as simple as that. :)

One more Q :)

strongly recommended, YES got that.....BUT Is This Better ?

After flashing, turn of the router power, then turn it back on, while pressing the WPS button. wait 15sec, then release, this will erase the nvram, and proceed with booting the firmware with a Clean slate.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2015-08-19 kl. 19.54.30.png
    Skærmbillede 2015-08-19 kl. 19.54.30.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 524
Okay, this is something that I've been noticing for some time. I'm assuming that for the traffic manager/last 24 hours, that the "internet" graph should roughly equal the "wired" graph plus the "wireless" graph. However, while "internet" graph indeed seems to be the total internet traffic, it doesn't look at all to me that I'd see the same thing as the "internet" graph if I added together the "wired" and "wireless" graphs.

There's very little on the "wired" graph, which for us should include Netflix use, and 3 wired computers. So I don't think that the "wired" graph is anywhere near correct. The wireless is basically just the mobile devices here at the moment, and there's more there than on the wired, which, again, is just wrong. I really don't think that the "wireless" graph is correct, either, but there's a possibility that it might be *smile*.

The result is that I don't look at the "wired" or "wireless" graphs that are really useless for me, and just look at the "internet" graph, which is really useful.

Am I interpreting these graphs incorrectly? Is there something besides "wired" and "wireless" that's doing internet access here? If there is, I'd like to hear more about that *smile*. I can make screenshots, but adding the "wired" and "wireless" is so much less than the "internet" graph, that it seems pointless.

I must have this very wrong in some way. Can someone tell me if I understand how these three graphs are supposed to relate. And if I'm right, and assuming that these come from Asus, I don't know why they bother to include the "wired" and "wireless" graphs, they just look misleading.

I must have this very wrong in some way. Can someone tell me if I understand how these three graphs are supposed to relate. And if I'm right, and assuming that these come from Asus, I don't know why they bother to include the "wired" and "wireless" graphs, they just look misleading.
I just checked my data and everything looks reasonable for me.....a couple of things to consider.....
- Traffic between interfaces on your LAN will not show up in the Internet but will show up in the Wired/Wireless, for example if your mobile devices are accessing shares on one of your wired computers. For me, I can see the high traffic when I back up one of notebooks on wireless to my main wired server.
- If your wired devices are hooked to the router through an external switch, traffic between those wired devices is never seen by the router.
- Netflix traffic may be lower that you would think, especially depending on the resolution you are accessing. There is usually an initial spike in transfer as it fills its buffers, than settles down to a relatively low transfer rate of a couple of Mb/s.

I'd do some tests with the realtime monitor and see if what shows up there makes sense. The 24 hour data uses the same data (just averaged over the display interval).

Last edited:
I have been manually turning off the LEDs by pushing the button at the back after each reboot. Is there a command to turn off all LEDs? Would like to add it into my startup scripts. Thanks.

I just checked my data and everything looks reasonable for me.....a couple of things to consider.....
- Traffic between interfaces on your LAN will not show up in the Internet but will show up in the Wired/Wireless, for example if your mobile devices are accessing shares on one of your wired computers. For me, I can see the high traffic when I back up one of notebooks on wireless to my main wired server.
- If your wired devices are hooked to the router through an external switch, traffic between those wired devices is never seen by the router.
- Netflix traffic may be lower that you would think, especially depending on the resolution you are accessing. There is usually an initial spike in transfer as it fills its buffers, than settles down to a relatively low transfer rate of a couple of Mb/s.

I'd do some tests with the realtime monitor and see if what shows up there makes sense. The 24 hour data uses the same data (just averaged over the display interval).

Okay, 3 pictures are worth a few thousand words. Here are 3 screenshots of the internet graph, the wired graph, and the wireless graph (I don't do anything interesting with 2.4GHz., it's always empty). These show what I'm talking about...looks like I can only upload two files though, "wireless" is in my next message below:

Internet traffic.jpg Wired.jpg

Okay, here's the wireless graph:

Wireless 5GHz.jpg

Okay, 3 pictures are worth a few thousand words. Here are 3 screenshots of the internet graph, the wired graph, and the wireless graph (I don't do anything interesting with 2.4GHz., it's always empty).
OK...that's definitely strange. As I said, try to run some tests with the realtime monitor active. Here's a series I ran using speedtest.net......first on a wired connect, then on wireless. Everything lines up perfectly.internet.JPG wired.JPG

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!