What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Several people in this thread continue to write stubbornly and persistently that these are John builds. This is not so, stop spreading nonsense. These are builds from his development channel. Who does this and why no one knows. I know about his situation. Stop writing every time about his situation. Almost a year has passed. How many more years will you mention this? Stop making John some kind holy martyr. We all lost loved ones. This is life. But if he wanted, he would have appeared on the forum. So he just doesn’t need all this. Enough of this stupid mysticism. Do you really think that if he continued to develop, he would not have written a post on the forum? If so, then you are naive or stupid.
Mysticism? It sounds to me as if you're implying John either shared his Development channel or had someone else do his development, or provided access to his development channel to someone else, or someone somehow illicitly got access to it. Change my mind, but that sounds a bit like mysticism to me.

Several people in this thread continue to write stubbornly and persistently that these are John builds. This is not so, stop spreading nonsense. These are builds from his development channel. Who does this and why no one knows. I know about his situation. Stop writing every time about his situation. Almost a year has passed. How many more years will you mention this? Stop making John some kind holy martyr. We all lost loved ones. This is life. But if he wanted, he would have appeared on the forum. So he just doesn’t need all this. Enough of this stupid mysticism. Do you really think that if he continued to develop, he would not have written a post on the forum? If so, then you are naive or stupid.
Be respectful of others or you will be banned.

Everyone else, DFTT.

New dev builds on onedrive.
Changelog
---------
374.43_41E5j9527 (07-Janary-2020) ARM SDK, MIPS,ARM KRACK
* CHANGED: wget: enable openssl11
* CHANGED: vsftpd: enable openssl11
- CHANGED: email: enable openssl11; (backport) fix forced tls 1.0 connections
- CHANGED: netatalk: (backport) patch for OpenSSL 1.1.x support
* CHANGED: netatalk: enable openssl11
* CHANGED: ez-ipupdate: enable openssl11
* CHANGED: httpd: enable openssl11
* CHANGED: httpd: additional includes for openssl11
- CHANGED: httpd: (backport) use openssl11 when available for certificate generation
* CHANGED: https: enable openssl11
* CHANGED: mssl: enable openssl11
* CHANGED: samba3: enable lpthread

374.43_41E4j9527 (07-Janary-2020) ARM SDK, MIPS,ARM KRACK
- CHANGED: rc: (backport) use openssl11 when available for generating OpenVPN's certs
* CHANGED: openvpn: make: link to openvpn11
* CHANGED: openssl11: make: shared compile
- CHANGED: httpd: (backport) update location of openssl.cnf in gencert.sh script
- CHANGED: openssl: openssl11: (backport) set OpenSSL's default location to /etc/ssl/ and provide a link to the CA bundle

374.43_41E3j9527 (07-Janary-2020) ARM SDK, MIPS,ARM KRACK
- CHANGED: openssl: openssl11: change directory naming conventions
- CHANGED: openvpn: add errno status reporting
* CHANGED: openvpn: update build recipe
* CHANGED: easyrsa: add default openssl.cnf
* FIXED: stubby: re-add getaddrinfo workaround for MIPS dropped in last release
* FIXED: www: fix initialization of openvpn client dns privacy option

374.43_41D2j9527 (05-Janary-2020) ARM SDK, MIPS,ARM KRACK
* CHANGED: openssl: update to 1.0.2u

374.43_41D1j9527 (02-Janary-2020) ARM SDK, MIPS,ARM KRACK
- NEW: webui: (backport) add support for user-provided webui pages
- NEW: webui: (backport) add support for jsonc
- CHANGED: rc: (backport) only intercept udp requests to port 123, ntpd does not listen to tcp

Anyway, installed latest 374.43_41E5j9527 without problems. Working perfect in my (standard RT-AC68U ref A1) configuration.

Installed 374.43_41E5j9527 on my RT-N66U.
Seems to work fine, including OpenVPN.
Thx!

Anyway, installed latest 374.43_41E5j9527 without problems. Working perfect in my (standard RT-AC68U ref A1) configuration.
Yep. Me too.

I replaced my N66 running John's latest "official" fw with Ac66u b1 (running latest Merlin).

I would like to use my N66 as wireless repeater, but it doesn't seem to work.
Can't find any ssid, just hangs on scanning.
How can I revert back from John's fork to latest official Asus fw? Just flash over GUI?

Great news for our scripters’ latest developments! @Adamm @Jack Yaz

Won’t know how it works until @john9527 posts an announcement or pushes his code to Github.

If you can give me the output of the following I should be able to add support;

Code:
nvram get buildno
nvram get extendno

Reactions: a5m

Code:
nvram get buildno
nvram get extendno
Samesies. It will actually lift the restriction I currently have of not support John's fork due to previous differences in WebUI file structure/code

How can I revert back from John's fork to latest official Asus fw? Just flash over GUI?
Yes just flash it normally from the GUI. When the router restarts just do the minimum setup required to log into the GUI and then perform a factory reset. You can now set it up "for real".

Code:
nvram get buildno
nvram get extendno
Is this what you're looking for:

/tmp/home/root# nvram get buildno

/tmp/home/root# nvram get extendno
41E5j9527

?

Last edited:
Reactions: a5m

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!