What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry missed this reply. Only other thing I can think of is maybe change to another channel that is clearer based on your surroundings. Also if others are are your network (kids esp) make sure they are not running some sort of file sharing service or something sucking up your bandwidth. :) I have run into that several times with folks having issues with speed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have now installed merlin firmware 384.6 and the speed is back to normal. What is notice is the wifi link speed on merlin-fork can only reach about 173 MB on my device and that should be why the download speed is massively limited. I'm not sure if adjusting the tx power on the wifi setting would have helped on the merlin-fork firmware. I'm happy at the stable speed for the moment, only concern is the lack of security patches.

How to debug syslog's remote server sending? It looks like my router doesn't send anything. AC66U.
Working fine on my RT-AC68U.
Code:
# ps w | grep syslogd
14642 admin     1412 S    syslogd -m 0 -O /tmp/syslog.log -S -s 256 -l 7 -R 192.168.1.10:514 -L

Thanks for the feedback....

To anyone else....looking for feedback on one of the MIPS based routers, and for differing types of IPv6....6to4, HE tunnel.....
I've been struggling with my AC66U speed issues, finally I narrowed it down to IPv6. When I enable 6in4, my speed over ipv4 gets capped at around ~130-150 mbps, and router is lagging like crazy (ICMP 20-30ms, unresponsive web), as soon as I disable IPv6, I get ~700-900 mbps without problems. Not seeing anything weird in logs. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Please advise.

I just reseted my AC66U via Recovry (nvram reset) then firmware upload so all is clean.
I noticed that port 3 and 4 don't give me dhcp, while in tools they report a cable is connected and at 1Gbps, so I figured I could be related to vlans!

My ISP requires vlan 100 on internet, so I picked manual and set internet to vlan 100, this was done during the first setup, but here is how it looks now:
upload_2020-6-27_13-26-37.png

Obliviously I can't set 1 here, but if none is set it should defualt to one (or at least that's what it did in stock and merlin.

Code:
T-AC66U-2940:/tmp/home/root# robocfg show
Switch: enabled gigabit
Port 0: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:b0:21:00:00
Port 1: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:04:4b:5c:d0:39
Port 2: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 48:5b:39:d2:07:23
Port 3: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:24:27:fe:49:d1
Port 4:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 74:83:c2:0f:37:96
Port 8: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: d0:17:c2:d6:29:40
VLANs: BCM53115 enabled mac_check mac_hash
   1: vlan1: 1 2 8t
   2: vlan2: 0 8u
 100: vlan100: 0t 8t

I can script this but I believe this is a bug right?

@mikecpt
You should have done a factory reset after loading the firmware. Try that now.

Otherwise it could be a bug. What do you get from this command?
Code:
nvram get vlan1ports
Just guessing, but if you get this:
Code:
1 2 5*
try changing it to this
Code:
nvram set vlan1ports="1 2 3 4 5*"
nvram commit
reboot

@john9527

Does your fork allow certs to be moved to jffs like Merlin firmware? I've tried both builds and the fork has less free nvram after loading client and server certs, and a handful of static leases. With Merlin my configuration leaves about 15k free while the fork has about 5k free. Just curious!!

@john9527

Does your fork allow certs to be moved to jffs like Merlin firmware? I've tried both builds and the fork has less free nvram after loading client and server certs, and a handful of static leases. With Merlin my configuration leaves about 15k free while the fork has about 5k free. Just curious!!
There is a script called /usr/sbin/https2jffs in the firmware which will do this. Same for sshd2jffs.

I've been struggling with my AC66U speed issues, finally I narrowed it down to IPv6. When I enable 6in4, my speed over ipv4 gets capped at around ~130-150 mbps, and router is lagging like crazy (ICMP 20-30ms, unresponsive web), as soon as I disable IPv6, I get ~700-900 mbps without problems. Not seeing anything weird in logs. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Please advise.
@john9527 could you please take a look?

One addition in the firmware for the RT-AC66U B1 would be nice. Right now when there is nothing connected to the WAN, the Internet led stay red. Would be nice if the Internet led could be turned off instead of being red when there is nothing connected to the WAN. I do not use the WAN right now on the router. Both DHCP and firewall are disabled. The RT-AC66U B1 router is used as a second router in the house to provide wireless. I connect a cable coming from the 1st router in one of the lan jack of the RT-AC66U B1. The first router is not compatible with AI Mesh, it is a D-Link.

Thank you! :)

@mikecpt
You should have done a factory reset after loading the firmware. Try that now.

Otherwise it could be a bug. What do you get from this command?
Code:
nvram get vlan1ports
Just guessing, but if you get this:
Code:
1 2 5*
try changing it to this
Code:
nvram set vlan1ports="1 2 3 4 5*"
nvram commit
reboot

I did do a reset and nvram reset before the actual firmware uplaod to in the recovery "mini web server" in fact it wouldn't make sense otherwise since the previous was actually "1 2 3 4 8*" also the nvmram tirck does not work after reboot!

I'm scripting it using robocfg but yeah this does seem like a bug

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!