What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I saw you mentioned some pages ago how to move them to jffs.
Is it documented permanently also somewhere else (readme?), in case I (we) do it in the future and it is not easy to find that info in a long thread?

One other thing with respect to the new https cert. With the changes that were made, including increasing the key length, the size of the cert as stored in nvram has increased by about 2K. If you are tight on nvram space, you should keep this in mind.

I've finished up the code to also move the https cert to jffs, to be part of the next release.

Is it documented permanently also somewhere else (readme?), in case I (we) do it in the future and it is not easy to find that info in a long thread?
Since that post, I've provided command line options to do the moves back and forth between nvram and jffs. All the special options for the fork are documented in Merlin_Fork_Options.txt.

NEW: Add command line utilities to move certs between NVRAM and JFFS
  • To move the SSH (dropbear certs), enter
    sshd2jffs or
    sshd2nvram
  • To move the OpenVPN certs, enter
    ovpn2jffs [server1|server2|client1|client2]
    ovpn2nvram [server1|server2|client1|client2]

Yeah that's what I meant, but I was asking if it is also within the release itself (and it is), because in a few months this post will be buried in other posts asking if it's possible to flash back from a 380FW :)

NEW: Add command line utilities to move certs between NVRAM and JFFS
  • To move the SSH (dropbear certs), enter
    sshd2jffs or
    sshd2nvram
  • To move the OpenVPN certs, enter
    ovpn2jffs [server1|server2|client1|client2]
    ovpn2nvram [server1|server2|client1|client2]

Yeah that's what I meant, but I was asking if it is also within the release itself (and it is), because in a few months this post will be buried in other posts asking if it's possible to flash back from a 380FW :)
I used the same jffs path as does the later Merlin for the openvpn cert/keys......so if you use the utility to move the certs to jffs, it should keep your certs/keys intact if you move to a later Merlin build. Same thing going backward to the fork. (I admit I haven't actually tested it yet :) )

EDIT: I need to take part of that back after I double checked.....I need Merlin to make a one line change to make that happen.:oops:

Last edited:
Ha! I just exposed a bug (or a missing feature, to be diplomatic) by just making a joke :D

I used the same jffs path as does the later Merlin for the openvpn cert/keys......so if you use the utility to move the certs to jffs, it should keep your certs/keys intact if you move to a later Merlin build. Same thing going backward to the fork. (I admit I haven't actually tested it yet :) )

EDIT: I need to take part of that back after I double checked.....I need Merlin to make a one line change to make that happen.:oops:

Sorry if this have been ask before. :oops:
But how do I get more channels on 5Ghz than 36-48? (RT-AC56U) 24E3j9527
It's a EU router.
Code:
octopus@OCTOPUS:/tmp/home/root# nvram get 0:ccode
EU
octopus@OCTOPUS:/tmp/home/root# nvram get 1:ccode
EU
Code:
wl0_country_code=EU
wl0_country_rev=13
wl_country_code=EU
wl1_country_rev=13
wl_country_rev=13
wl1_country_code=EU

Traffic Manager - Traffic Monitor, i cant see any graf in real time ? bug or user error ? :) newest firmware AC68U router

Attachments

• Traffic Manager - Traffic Monitor.jpg
    Traffic Manager - Traffic Monitor.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 482
Traffic Manager - Traffic Monitor, i cant see any graf in real time ? bug or user error ? :) newest firmware AC68U router
Mine works fine (AC68U).
Your picture shows that there is throughput.
It seems the scale of the Y-axis is too large for anything to show up.
Maybe refresh that view so the Y-axis resets its scale.

Or load a YouTube video to make the throughout really spike.

Mine works fine (AC68U).
Your picture shows that there is throughput.
It seems the scale of the Y-axis is too large for anything to show up.
Maybe refresh that view so the Y-axis resets its scale.

Or load a YouTube video to make the throughout really spike.

when i load a youtube video i see movement on inside traffic, but cant see anything on outgoing, i have 2 plex stream currently going out to friends, and 1 plex stream in house, its moving around 3MB/s from my nas server i can see,

but neither on internet tab or the wired tab i have anything

Does Qos have to be enabled ? it worked on an older version without Qos

Attachments

• asus.jpg
    asus.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 360
  • qnap.jpg
    qnap.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 610
when i load a youtube video i see movement on inside traffic, but cant see anything on outgoing, i have 2 plex stream currently going out to friends, and 1 plex stream in house, its moving around 3MB/s from my nas server i can see,

but neither on internet tab or the wired tab i have anything

Does Qos have to be enabled ? it worked on an older version without Qos

I do not use QOS. Mine shows incoming and outgoing just fine on Internet, Wired, and Wireless tabs.

I just ran thru all the options I had.....with and without QoS, with and without CTF and with and without VPN. Always showed fine. This on a DCHP (Automatic IP) WAN connect. What kind of WAN connection do you have? IIRC, there had been some sporadic reports years ago of some people having problems with a PPPoE connection.

Sorry if this have been ask before. :oops:
But how do I get more channels on 5Ghz than 36-48? (RT-AC56U) 24E3j9527
It's a EU router.
AFAIK, Asus never added the additional channels for the AC56. I can take a crack at adding them for the next beta.

Hi. In "Access Point(AP) mode" my post-mount user script isnt invoked.

RT-N66U
374.43_2-24E2
There's no difference in the code for running post-mount on router vs AP. Just to double check, you did move/create your post-mount script to/on the AP. It won't run the post-mount script installed on the main router.

There's no difference in the code for running post-mount on router vs AP. Just to double check, you did move/create your post-mount script to/on the AP. It won't run the post-mount script installed on the main router.
I have an RT-N66U and I use a post-mount script. The script runs fine on 24E3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have an RT-N66U and I use a post-mount script. The script runs fine on 24E3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks for confirmation I switched to router mode then back to AP mode and post-mount now runs. God knows what was the reason, hope it wont come back

I havent touched this script inbetween switching router/AP mode, just expected it to run in both modes i guess. Script was fine and ready to go in both modes. But it's ok now thanks for help

Last edited:
I just ran thru all the options I had.....with and without QoS, with and without CTF and with and without VPN. Always showed fine. This on a DCHP (Automatic IP) WAN connect. What kind of WAN connection do you have? IIRC, there had been some sporadic reports years ago of some people having problems with a PPPoE connection.

so got the solution, reset the router and that solved the problem, think maybe to many updates without resets wasent the best idea, thx for your hard work on the firmware

100% True, my bad! Both WAN Uptime counters (Total/Current) are 0(hh/mm/ss), and I see the "WAN is down" legend as well

I've just double checked and the "Redirect to error page" is indeed in "Link or WAN down" (web_redirect=3)

This worked for me: set Normal instead of Aggressive for DHCP query frequency and fill the Host Name (even if you ISP told you that it does not matter anymore).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!