What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I recently switched my n66u to Media Bridge mode and it's connected to a 5 Ghz AP...is there anyway to disable the 2.4 interface? When I log into the GUI, there's a yellow exclamation point in the upper right hand corner that states: "Your Wi-Fi network has not been encrypted yet and is at risk. We recommend that you create a password for your network to avoid security risks. Change now (2.4GHz)"...but clicking the "Change now" link doesn't do anything. Running the latest 30E3 build.

Edit
I finally figured this out. I had to switch back to AP mode, disable the 2.4 interface, and then switch back to bridge mode.

Last edited:
30E3 running nicely 24hr, 2x AC68U as AP.
TY John!

Hi all,
Another long time user of RMerlin's firmware here. As his support for N66U is coming to the end, I decided to try this fork instead. Everything is working fine so far (in my very simple setup) but I noticed one minor webui bug.

Refresh button on page System Log -> Connections does not work properly in Firefox (Chrome works fine). Connection list is not refreshed after first click, it just disables the button and shows loading animation. The button is reenabled (and animation hidden) after some timeout but without populating the connection list. Clicking on the refresh button again works as expected.

I see this on RT-N66U using V30E2.

I took a quick look at the code of the page Main_ConnStatus_Content.asp (only in the browser) and found this:
  • Refresh button calls "onSubmitCtrl(this, ' Refresh ')" using onclick event
  • function onSubmitCtrl() looks like this
Code:
 function onSubmitCtrl(o, s) {
 updateOptions();
document.form.submit();
document.form.action_mode.value = s;
updateData();
 }

It seems that form is submitted before setting proper action_mode - I see in the firefox console that action_mode is set to 'apply' instead of 'refresh' on first form submission. Form probably should be submitted after setting action_mode, not before.

Also "Summary mode" of the connection list is very nice!

Thanks!

It seems that form is submitted before setting proper action_mode - I see in the firefox console that action_mode is set to 'apply' instead of 'refresh' on first form submission. Form probably should be submitted after setting action_mode, not before.
Thanks for input! It's been a known bug on FF for a long time (I looked at it, but I must admit didn't look to hard since it worked on Chrome and IE). I'll give it another look.

EDIT: Verified your analysis.....fix will be in the next release. Thanks again!

Last edited:
one of my ports just stopped working(the one from my pc)
no lights at all
switching the router off/on does not help.
is it possible those ports can get in down protection state
eg is there a command to reset a port or should i just reflash the firmware

one of my ports just stopped working(the one from my pc)
no lights at all
switching the router off/on does not help.
is it possible those ports can get in down protection state
eg is there a command to reset a port or should i just reflash the firmware
My first thought is a hardware issue. I really can't think of anything firmware wise that would take down a single port with 'no lights'.
I would
- try re-plugging both ends of the cable and inspect the corresponding sockets for any problems
- try replacing the ethernet cable
- power cycle the pc
- power down the router, remove the power cable, then cycle the power switch a few times, replug the power cable and power up (discharges capacitors)

ok will try that.

otherwise it is buying either a new one or buying a 5 ports gigabit switch to solve the problem.

i like the ac66u because it is small and still powerfull.
going for a bigger one might be a problem

With the end of the N66U support in Asuswrt, I'm considering flashing this firmware but only if it has TOR support with MAC address control like on Asuswrt. Can anybody confirm ? Thanks a lot!

With the end of the N66U support in Asuswrt, I'm considering flashing this firmware but only if it has TOR support with MAC address control like on Asuswrt. Can anybody confirm ? Thanks a lot!
No TOR support.....sorry.

Many thanks the prompt answer John ! It's unfortunate but I understand you are already spending a lot of time to maintain this fork so thanks a lot!

Where did you see this? I didn't realize the N66U had been EOL'd. I assume this means that eventually (soon) John will have to drop support in the fork too? Seems I might need to be in the market for a new router.

Where did you see this? I didn't realize the N66U ad been EOL'd. I assume this means that eventually (soon) John will have to drop support in the fork too? Seems I might need to be in the market for a new router.
Merlin dropped support for the remaining MIPS based routers (N66U, AC66U) starting with his 382/384 builds. His 380 branch builds are the last support, which will be going EOL after maybe 1 more build.

As long as this fork keeps going, I'll keep trying to support the older MIPS routers. But, as I mentioned in another thread, the use of this fork has dropped off. As expected over time, but really accelerated with the intro by ASUS of AIMesh and the AC86U. At some point I'll have to think about if the number of users justifies the continued work to keep it going.

An opportunity for someone with one of those routers to start a new fork based on the Merlin 380 code!

Thanks for the info, John. Is Asus stopping support as well?
AFAIK the only Broadcom based router 'officially' EOL is the N16. But, having said that, the last ASUS release for the N66 was a 380 based release for the KRACK fix in November of last year. My guess is that the N66 is moving more towards a 'critical fix' maintenance mode for them as well. I don't know if they have any plans to move the N66 to the 384 code base, but my guess would be no. Maybe @RMerlin has more info.

Wish: limit/hashlimit module to be able to rate limit packets. Very useful against all kinds of malicious activity.

Now it says
$ modprobe limit
modprobe: module limit not found in modules.dep

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!