What's new

Beta [FORK] [DSL] [TESTERS] GNUton's Alpha/Beta Merlin builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@WillyTP the DSL driver of the DSL-AX82U seems to have issues if ou change the snr.
I have been running it for a week now without issues so far.
If you are willing to test it forthe AiMesh go ahead.

Hi @GNUton
Before upgrading, I set SNR adjustment to disabled.
Upgrade went fine, I'm properly connected via VDSL.

I'll report soon AiMesh status and various bugs.
Thank you

Running 388.1_0-gnuton0_alpha1 on TUF-AX5400. Memory usage goes from 52% to 56% in 1.5 days. Will run it a bit to see how the memory consumption goes. But as others have reported there certainly does appear to be a memory leak.

Bug: even with 388 release, Upload / Download speeds are inverted.
DSL-AX82U

Attachments

• Speedometer.jpg
    Speedometer.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
On the TUF-AX5400, the speeds are correct on SpeedTest on the 388 build.

@JWoo somebody was saying there was memory leak in the previous stable and in the end it has been proved there was no.But feel free to test it. The memory will consolidate around a certain mem usage without blowing.

@WillyTP There may be some issue with the SNR I have not really investigate what happens there. I have been runinng the DSL-AX82U for a week with 388 I have not noticed any noticeable anomaly/disconnection or such... but I have not changed all values for the modem yet to see if anything can brake it yet.

@WillyTP i have tested the Upload/Download speed on the DSL-AX82 connected through DSL and it's all fine for me. This screenshot is the proof and shows a speedtest.
The download speed is about 50ish in the app and in the router web page as it should be.
If you have a case which breaks this please le me know how I can reproduce the issue you see.

The bars for the client are correctly representing the download too.. it's not in my screenshot below but.. it's like that.

Wondering now how can you get those inverted bars in your screenshot... what's your network setup? Are you using DSL as WAN?

1669161612186.png

Last edited:
@JWoo somebody was saying there was memory leak in the previous stable and in the end it has been proved there was no.But feel free to test it. The memory will consolidate around a certain mem usage without blowing.
Cool beans. Will run the router for a while and let's see where it lands. Thanks @GNUton for making these builds. You help many router and networking enthusiasts with your work!

Up/down traffic getting swapped usually happens when using a VPN Client. It's an issue related to the Trend Micro DPI engine.

Running 388.1_0-gnuton0_alpha1 on TUF-AX5400. Memory usage goes from 52% to 56% in 1.5 days. Will run it a bit to see how the memory consumption goes. But as others have reported there certainly does appear to be a memory leak.
I was curious about this. Thank you for reporting!

Up/down traffic getting swapped usually happens when using a VPN Client. It's an issue related to the Trend Micro DPI engine.
Hi, I'm using DSL port.
VPN is not in use; I mean, I've one VPN server running on the router, but I'm not connected to it.

I have various components of Trend Micro active (Web History, Traffic Analyzer etc.).

I may test with them disabled to see if something changes.

You are probably right, but reports like this (see below) give me pause. A couple of folks are reporting out of memory errors after 10-12 days…

Post in thread 'ASUS TUF-AX5400 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.21224 (2022/10/21)'
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-0-0-4-388-21224-2022-10-21.81427/post-802995

If I want to give the alpha a spin on my XT8, do I need to flash the nodes as well, or just the main router? My node is running 386.07_2-gnuton1

If I want to give the alpha a spin on my XT8, do I need to flash the nodes as well, or just the main router? My node is running 386.07_2-gnuton1
Router only should work fine.

Hi everyone

Hope not to speak too soon, but after upgrading to 388 alpha, AiMesh ETH connected nodes have NOT disconnected yet.

Regarding Upload / Download speeds swapped, looks like an issue of "Traffic Analyzer".
I disabled it, and Upload/ Download traffic is NOT swapped anymore. Afterwards, I enabled it again, and they are still OK (?!)