What's new

Get WRT610N, which USB/PCI Device to buy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dumdidum

New Around Here
Hello

I've bought a WRT610N and now I want to buy some wlan adapters for my PC's.

The situation is like this:

I have:

- A very new PC with PCI-E, which should have maximum possible Speed/Latency to the router (10m, 2 Walls)
- An older PC (Athlon XP 2000+) with PCI, and Speed does not really matter, 54mbit would be enough (10m, 1 Wall)
- One Notebook with Core2Duo and integrated Wlan Chip (54mbit)
- A Dreambox 600C which I will connect using LAN.

So, now I need to have 3 Wlan-adapters for the 3 PC's.

I am streaming from the Dreambox to my newest PC using 100mbit LAN at the moment. This cable should be replaced by a PCI-E or PCI Adapter which is as fast as possible.

The older PC should have a PCI-Card (not PCI-E, not USB). It would be nice to have fast Wlan there too, but I'm not sure if the PC could handle the speed.

The notebook will be used with the integrated chip, as speed doesnt matter so much there.

My question is, as the WRT610N supports Dual-N, which would be the best configuration? Which Adapter should I buy?

So summary: One PCI and one PCI-Express (if faster as PCI, else it could be 2 PCI-Cards) supporting the Dual-N-Features the WRT610N delivers)

Thanks

Sven

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!