What's new

good practice wifi settings 2,4 & 5GHz ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ask @RMerlin for the technical details. He has stated the possible reasons a few times already.

What I'm sharing is what real-world experience (and others, on this very forum), have taught me.

When I arrive at a customer's home, connect to their network, and record the various speeds possible with their existing setup at various locations with my laptop(s), and then create a new SSID and see the increased performance, that is enough for me to do that for all the devices on that network too. Of course, I don't just create a new SSID and see improvements. I implement the entire arsenal of best practices as the links I provide outline. If you need them again, I can provide those for you too.

And, before I hear the 'aha's!', making just the changes with the original SSID doesn't make as big of a difference either. A full reset of the router is also required too, btw, to do it properly, of course.