What's new

Greetings Forum Members!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aznav48

Occasional Visitor
I am a new member of the community. Let me also say I am a techno impaired senior.. I am trying to set up my external hard drive to work with my RT-AX58U. I have two questions:

1. Almost hilariously, ASUS does not recognize my serial number. When tryng to use any of the ASUS email or chat forums they require my serial number...
2. As I read my manual, I am referred to my "navigaton panel." I am wondering if that is a separate download. I am going to attach a pdf of what I was submitting to ASUS which should have my needed system info, etc. I will also send a screen shot of the back side of my router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the jumbled screenshots!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 15.30.41.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 15.30.41.png
    117 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 15.30.29.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 15.30.29.png
    44 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 15.30.09.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 15.30.09.png
    66 KB · Views: 19
  • Asus serial number.jpeg
    Asus serial number.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 23
PS.THANK YOU TOO JUSTINH!
Sorry! One more time with feeling. So, yes, I see it and went to it. However, it does not recognize my ASUS username and password. Obviously missing something.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 08.57.31.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 08.57.31.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 12
Sorry! One more time with feeling. So, yes, I see it and went to it. However, it does not recognize my ASUS username and password. Obviously missing something.
Hold on a second. I found a webpage telling me how to do it. First option did not work...I think...as I see no username/PW on he back. However, trying second option now.

Whatever I tried did not work. I believe if I can ever get through "sign in" page on the router link I can finally get it set up...I think. As said, I tried my ASUS username and PW with no luck.

I am using the one that works with my ASUS.com account.
That's the wrong username and password. You should be using the username and password you created the first time you setup the router.

Unfortunately, if you can't find the user/pass you have to reset your router to factory defaults and start over.

Unfortunately, if you can't find the user/pass you have to reset your router to factory defaults and start over.
I am a new member of the community. Let me also say I am a techno impaired senior.. I am trying to set up my external hard drive to work with my RT-AX58U. I have two questions:

1. Almost hilariously, ASUS does not recognize my serial number. When tryng to use any of the ASUS email or chat forums they require my serial number...
2. As I read my manual, I am referred to my "navigaton panel." I am wondering if that is a separate download. I am going to attach a pdf of what I was submitting to ASUS which should have my needed system info, etc. I will also send a screen shot of the back side of my router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the jumbled screenshots!
I now understand, "Unfortunately..." So, yes, I reset my router, never to be seen or heard from again. Yes, of course it removed my former wireless connection. But I have tried to figure out why I cannot restart with the default PW and username. Nothing. Obviously, I'm missing something. I am having to use my SLOW iPhone hot sport to get work done. here is what my router looks like. Again, apologies, but any help would be grateful. Also, no idea, but is "ASUS-B8" supposed to be the defaul router name? It does come "on" but does not work.

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4290.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 9
Thank you, Colin! Yes, I do have that in my wireless "list" but when it comes up, though it shows all the bars, it will not not work (web pages).

"it will not not work". Do you mean that you cannot connect to that wifi name, or you can connect but don't get internet access?

If it's the later try going to www.asusrouter.com or http://192.168.50.1
I get the five strong black bars with ASUS, but when I try to go to a website it frehezes. In fact, without my hot sport, I could not go to asus router.com. However, let me try with my hotspot. I know it's something stupidly simple but I am missing it. Thank you for your quick replies and wisdom!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!