What's new

a little hardware help, please - if anyone can recall.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thecheapseats

It has been a long time since I wanted to connect to the interior serial ports of an asus router - and cannot locate my notes from a few years ago.

Does anyone recall what the TTL serial levels are in these things? - are they 3.3v, 2.5v or 1.8v?

I cannot locate my notes from a few years ago and would prefer not damaging the device. Thanks in advance.

Check Vcc, the TTL is between 0V and Vcc. May vary model to model.

In most cases <1V is low, >2V is high, 0V to 3.3-5V range.

3V3DC is the UART voltages typical for most Broadcom devices- most USB-UART adapters compatible with a Raspberry Pi should be good enough...

This might be helpful as well...

Best of luck..

thanks all - I had my giant bag of Jtag assorted devices and chip-clips collected over four decades and a rat's nest of serial cable hacks for pcb header pins - as well as just about every serial-com chipset ever made since I hit puberty - but no meter until tomorrow... got it jacked out @3.3 and have output onto a console - so I'm good...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!