What's new

GT-AX6000 is EOL?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looks like it can have some issues:

IPv6 is not NATed - in case you need it and it is supported by your ISP.

Well, I've never noted any issues with the CGNAT (over several years), though I've not felt the need to pierce through it to get to my stuff from outside. And my service doesn't yet do IPV6, to my knowledge.

I guess I'm safe (hahaha!)

I could poke a hole to "public" server if needed. I don't rightly know just how safe I am from fellow customers intent on malice who also reside behind the NAT, so I wear my armor all the same.

There is no reason for ASUS to EOL the GT-AX6000. The hardware design is the same as all the Pro models, and it runs the latest Linux kernel used by ASUS routers like all the Pro models. ASUS is just taking their time with 3.0.0.6 updates. Also note that Merlin's 388.6 release contains an updated 3.0.0.4 binary blob for the GT-AX6000 just like all the Pro models.

Unless there is the need of the new features of the 3.0.0.6 branch fo firmware, stick to Merlin firmware which is updated and with fresh drivers. FOr sure the 388.5 is newer than the 3.0.0.3 of June

Hello.
The next stable version will be released in the second half of this year. I received this information from Asus Support.

I received this information from Asus Support.

If true - this is a full year gap between firmware releases. Asus must be working on some serious firmware issue.

Really?

I could code a serious issue in a lot less time

I can release firmware with serious issues for you guys tomorrow. 🤭

It's unusual right for asus right to issue not even security fixes over a year? A bit surprised but its working great and we can switch to RMerlin if we're concerned about individual security patches that he may address.

Pathetic state of affairs at Asus. GT-AX6000 is by no means an outdated hardware. Wifi6 is here to stay for next 10 years. Asus already has our money and they can't be bothered to release a good firmware for GT-AX6000 while they are perfectly capable of releasing timely firmware updates for RT-AX88U Pro which has identical hardware specs apart from some usb port. I have already articulated my issues with Asus WRT 5.0 which is now 8 months old firmware.
My views here

Hello all! Finally no spam about "I have more money than you" and bla-bla-bla.

I've maybe similar post on official ROG forum here.
I think we can make some noise that Asus most probably can hear.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!