What's new

GT-AX6000 is EOL?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rudoyeugene

Occasional Visitor
Hello!

So, the question itself: last update was published on 20.06.2023 with version 3.0.0.106.21514. More than a half year ago. Other routers already got a number of update on the same 106th base.

ASUS: it's done with GT-AX6000? We, all the Customers who bought it, are the people who wasted our money on End Of Life device? Please explain, when are you going to update it?

ASUS: it's done with GT-AX6000? We, all the Customers who bought it, are the people who wasted our money on End Of Life device? Please explain, when are you going to update it?
This isn't an official Asus support forum. No one from Asus will see your question. Contact Asus directly or use their own support forums.

No the GT-AX6000 is not currently end of life or end of support.

If you want a answer from Asus, or want to report a specific issue to Asus, contact them directly.

It seems that Asus might be using RT-AX88U PRO users as the testing ground for the 6.102 firmware (it had a 6.102 update in January), and once they are satisfied they could update the rest of the supported devices. That’s just wild speculation on my part, however.

Last edited:
Hello!

So, the question itself: last update was published on 20.06.2023 with version 3.0.0.106.21514. More than a half year ago. Other routers already got a number of update on the same 106th base.

ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

You're running next gen ASUSWRT 5.0 firmware that most ASUS router owners have not seen yet. You're on the bleeding edge and you want more of that? You might be better off on the the last release of ASUSWRT 4.0 firmware.

OE

I know it's an unofficial forum. But just look above, many answers and opinions. At least I agree with idea that AX88 pro could be as a test base and once tests are over then ax6000 will get a newer version.

ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

You're running next gen ASUSWRT 5.0 firmware that most ASUS router owners have not seen yet. You're on the bleeding edge and you want more of that? You might be better off on the the last release of ASUSWRT 4.0 firmware.

OE
Been on that for a long time. My ISP has public IPs so that I want to be sure 101% my home network is as safe as no any other.

Been on that for a long time. My ISP has public IPs so that I want to be sure 101% my home network is as safe as no any other.

One more reason not to Beta test 3.0.0.6 firmware, which is where it is now... still in development.

OE

GT-AX6000 is definitely not an EOL product. But it has been relegated to an "ignored category" because super duper exciting Wifi7 models with extreme cheap starting price of $999 are coming. Also honestly, Asus already has your money so why should they care about petty peasants? I myself planning to buy exact 13 Wifi7 routers to support such an awesome company. I MUST pay my debts somehow!

GT-AX6000 is definitely not an EOL product. But it has been relegated to an "ignored category" because super duper exciting Wifi7 models with extreme cheap starting price of $999 are coming. Also honestly, Asus already has your money so why should they care about petty peasants? I myself planning to buy exact 13 Wifi7 routers to support such an awesome company. I MUST pay my debts somehow!
WiFi7 for now is the same as many years ago TVs with 4k support while 4k content presence was extremely rare. Right now I have 17 wireless devices: 5 IoT on WiFi4, 4 on WiFi5, 7 on WiFi6 and only 1 supports WiFi7. Basically saying I can buy any of BE aka WiFi7 to have benefits for a single device only. Useless.

Even more: the new Asus WiFi7 routers were announced Before official WiFi7 standard was released. So that we again and again going the same way: wave1 and wave2 devices (HW related, call it revisions). While wave1 has tons of glitches but the next one, which is wave2: stable as rock. Simple example: RT-AX86u (wave1) in AX160MHz after a couple og hours was automatically switching to 80MHz. To return 160MHz had to restart. Now, on the subject (yes, it's wave2), the 160MHz works all the time, no matter what.

IMHO.

My ISP has public IPs so that I want to be sure 101% my home network is as safe as no any other.

Frequent updates don't guarantee safety. You have a toy router with RGB lights on it. The device cost is 2-3 days student work at McDonalds. The actual hardware inside is under $100. You have to be extremely happy with 2 updates per year for 2-3 years. Most similar devices don't get that. It's disposable like most consumer things around.

Last couple of replies I see only spam about money. That's really weird for me.

@All
Guys, if you again gonna write about money, costs, value and other things, please, just skip the topic and go next. Please, do not spam.

Asus has been slow to update most of there models the last year. It also seems the quality of the updates has gone down, not that is was ever that great anyway.

Please, do not spam.

No one here can help you and the matter was discussed already. Good luck.

My ISP has public IPs
All ISPs give a public IP (static or dynamic—maybe you mean static?) that faces the internet.

Anyone connected to the internet needs an up to date router and up to date operating system and apps—even Linux/Unix/Mac.

Note: our home has GT-AX6000 that works perfectly with Merlin firmware, just updated a few days ago.

All ISPs give a public IP (static or dynamic—maybe you mean static?) that faces the internet.
Perhaps eventually...

Connected directly to the ONT:
wan_ip.png

Perhaps eventually...

Connected directly to the ONT:
View attachment 56180
There are two main strategies to assign IPs by ISP (as far as I know):
- real pingable public IP that is fully static or, like mine, rotates every 5 minutes
- any kind of internal IP (e.g. 172 or 10) that is behind ISPs NAT

So, the 1st one NEEDS the router that is secure, while the 2nd one is mostly protected by ISP itself.

- any kind of internal IP (e.g. 172 or 10) that is behind ISPs NAT
CGNAT uses the 100.64.0.0-100.127.255.255 range. The IP above is CGNAT, so it's not remotely reachable.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!