What's new

GT-AX6000 QoS having some issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trialand3rror

New Around Here

I purchased this router in order to pull my full bandwidth from my DOCSIS 3.1 Modem using link aggregation, which was easily achieved w/o issues. When I used the most up to date stock firmware it was very buggy trying to apply settings attempting to get things functioning the way I wanted in the QoS. My QoS goal was to limit all devices bandwidth a certain amount except for 1 device my main PC.​

at one point in time i had this working on the stock firmware but it required a lot failed applying attempts to get the desired result. Once I moved over to Merlin the newest firmware I wasn't able to get the same result again even after going back to stock firmware. what I mean by not getting the desired result meaning it was still working to the devices I had limited the bandwidth too however my main pc that I didn't even have added to the QoS rules is being limited in some way and it only happens when QoS is turned on. fyi I use the bandwidth limiter function in QoS. Example. I limit all devices to 50 d/l and 5 up and they act accordingly, however my main pc gets limited to about 500 down for whatever reason but no issues on upload but I only get 42 up anyway with my service. with link aggregation no QoS I pull 1.4 Gigabit down and 42 up. Any tips, questions, or thoughts welcome. been doing a lot of trial and error trying to figure this out. also I've done at least 4 factory resets in-between firmware changes.​

Last edited:
fyi I use the bandwidth limiter function in QoS

Bandwidth Limiter is incompatible with NAT acceleration. It will cut down your WAN-LAN throughput to whatever the CPU can handle.

You can do 10 factory resets and nothing will change. Your only QoS option above 350-400Mbps ISP is Adaptive QoS and you perhaps don't need it.

Bandwidth Limiter is incompatible with NAT acceleration. It will cut down your WAN-LAN throughput to whatever the CPU can handle.

You can do 10 factory resets and nothing will change. Your only QoS option above 350-400Mbps ISP is Adaptive QoS and you perhaps don't need it.
NAT acceleration? i don't think im using it. if i am can it be disabled and where?

You are not using it because you use incompatible with it Bandwidth Limiter. Your ROG Gaming RGB router can't do more than 500Mbps as you already noticed. It's a Raspberry Pi type hardware inside with routing on a single core. 2.5GbE only sometimes and in light configuration. NAT acceleration has to be enabled (Runner and Flow Cache). You can't use Bandwidth Limiter with your 1.4Gbps ISP.

You can continue with resets, your choice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!