What's new

GT-AX6000 | "WiFi Radar" feature has been removed in 5-22-24 firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EJG

New Around Here
FYI - the "WiFi Radar" feature has been removed from the ASUS GT-AX6000 Wireless router with firmware update version: 3.0.0.6.102_34791 dated 05/22/2024, due to a "necessary SDK security upgrade"?
I hope ASUS is planning to add the "WIFI RADAR" functionality back again as soon as possible within another firmware update.

See the notification within the below URL.
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1032598/

Wifi Analyzer is actually developed by Broadcom as part of their SDK (it's an applet called Visualizer). Broadcom hasn't been updating it, so that was missing support for many modern features like 6 GHz or Wifi 7. Unless Broadcom were to update it, there is little Asus can do beyond removing it.

As someone that resides in area with many nearby access points with occasional wireless network issues resulting from that, it was a very handy feature that I used many times for insight on channel capacity and when channel and data packet troubleshooting.

Is there other ASUS routers with a simular "WIFI Radar" feature that is using a different SDK applet?
For example: Other Asus Routers with 6 GHz or Wifi 7 do not have a simular "WIFI Radar" feature?

From the ASUS notification, "WIFI Radar" was only removed from the following models and firmware:
1. GT-AX11000 firmware versions newer than 3.0.0.4.388.23285
2. GT-AX6000 firmware versions newer than 3.0.0.6.102_21514
3. RT-AX86U_PRO firmware versions newer than 3.0.0.4.388_23565.

It never worked for me...it never found other signals that other software displayed prominently. Perhaps I was not using it correctly.

It never worked for me...it never found other signals that other software displayed prominently. Perhaps I was not using it correctly.
You need to enable data collection first, on its Settings page.

As someone that resides in area with many nearby access points with occasional wireless network issues resulting from that, it was a very handy feature that I used many times for insight on channel capacity and when channel and data packet troubleshooting.

Is there other ASUS routers with a simular "WIFI Radar" feature that is using a different SDK applet?
For example: Other Asus Routers with 6 GHz or Wifi 7 do not have a simular "WIFI Radar" feature?

From the ASUS notification, "WIFI Radar" was only removed from the following models and firmware:
1. GT-AX11000 firmware versions newer than 3.0.0.4.388.23285
2. GT-AX6000 firmware versions newer than 3.0.0.6.102_21514
3. RT-AX86U_PRO firmware versions newer than 3.0.0.4.388_23565.
There are both mobile and desktop apps that can scan for other networks.

An 'app' is not needed. Just a WiFi-capable device.

No 'app' will give you any more usable information than what I suggested. Unless you're paying big bucks for it and/or it comes with its own dedicated hardware.

In addition to making the device it is on, 'less secure'.

Some of the newer Asus routers can report the current channel usage percentage on the Wireless log, but that`s only for whichever channel you are currently connected.

No 'app' will give you any more usable information than what I suggested. Unless you're paying big bucks for it and/or it comes with its own dedicated hardware.

In addition to making the device it is on, 'less secure'.
I guess you haven't tried any of the good apps then. You're of course entitled to your opinion, but I'm afraid you're wrong in this case.

Yes, there are no good apps. All insecure, by design. Even as marketing bs states otherwise. More than just my opinion.

Where is your proof of a wifi scanning app that actually does something other than list/sort surrounding available APs?

You're entitled to your opinion too. But please share these great apps you speak of.

Yes, there are no good apps. All insecure, by design. Even as marketing bs states otherwise. More than just my opinion.

Where is your proof of a wifi scanning app that actually does something other than list/sort surrounding available APs?

You're entitled to your opinion too. But please share these great apps you speak of.
Well, you clearly haven't tried any, so I don't know why you keep insisting it's all garbage and I'm not inclined to show you what you're missing out, since you're clearly just going to trash whatever I suggest anyhow.

Yes, nothing to show, as expected. And I speak from experience. I had apps. Now, I don't. Reasons.

Research how 'apps' are trusted and data shared. Not secure at all.

Yes, nothing to show, as expected. And I speak from experience. I had apps. Now, I don't. Reasons.

Research how 'apps' are trusted and data shared. Not secure at all.
Oh, sorry, I used the wrong term. There's software that allows you to monitor wireless networks, written by people who wants to empower people to gather more information about the wireless networks around them. Better?

You can try this one for Windows, but I guess you only use FreeBSD or maybe Haiku just to use something that almost no-one uses, just so you can claim things don't work.

Oh, you do actually have to pay a little bit to get all the features, so I guess that also makes it useless to you.

That's a great example of an app that offers little more than what I originally suggested.

Even for free, I wouldn't install/use this because of the inherent insecurities.

Inherent insecurities that apps introduce. Please research what I've repeated a few times already, instead of using amateur psychology trying to pigeon hole me.

That's a great example of an app that offers little more than what I originally suggested.

Even for free, I wouldn't install/use this because of the inherent insecurities.

Inherent insecurities that apps introduce. Please research what I've repeated a few times already, instead of using amateur psychology trying to pigeon hole me.
In the past you made some sense, but now?
Your baby (88u pro) is also made in China..
Are they paying you perhaps?
Get a life man...

Well, some of us use our devices, I guess you don't. Better uninstall your web browser, as that's a much bigger security threat.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!