What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Got my router up and running, however the 6GHz band is only visible to my computers running the 22.45.1.1 driver. I
22.140.0.3 works fine for me running Windows 11:

1656295931329.png

Go to Device Manager, edit the Advanced settings for your NIC, and make sure Ultra High Band is set to Enabled.

I've looked into that, and they are all set to enabled.
Odd. One difference tho is that I have an AX210 while you have an AX211, so the driver issue might be specific to your card model perhaps. Or, something else is telling your computer not to enable 6 GHz support (enabling/disabling that band is tied to various checks made to ensure you only use it in a country where it's allowed). That test may be failing for some reason. For instance, I believe it may decide to disable the 6 GHz band if it detects beacons from devices set to a country that does not allow the use of the 6 GHz band.

Under Linux there's a command to check which regulatory region the wifi interface is set to (and which frequencies are allowed within that region). I don't think there's any way to obtain that information in Windows.

Odd. One difference tho is that I have an AX210 while you have an AX211, so the driver issue might be specific to your card model perhaps. Or, something else is telling your computer not to enable 6 GHz support (enabling/disabling that band is tied to various checks made to ensure you only use it in a country where it's allowed). That test may be failing for some reason. For instance, I believe it may decide to disable the 6 GHz band if it detects beacons from devices set to a country that does not allow the use of the 6 GHz band.

Under Linux there's a command to check which regulatory region the wifi interface is set to (and which frequencies are allowed within that region). I don't think there's any way to obtain that information in Windows.
I know. What's even more odd is that it is all four of my computers which were bought from Dell US. Two of them even came with AX211/AX210 adapters installed when new, while the other two were swapped out. I tried to enable location access to see is that would make a difference, it didn't. I really don't know where to go next. What would be so different about 22.45.1.1 that it works and the others don't? One thing I did notice is that in the older driver 22.45.1.1, the Ultra High Speed Band option is missing.
Untitled1.jpg

try to install latest wifi driver

Version:22.150.0.3

this driver just released 2 weeks ago

Thanks. Even the latest 22.150.0.3 didn't fix my issue.

Last edited:
What would be so different about 22.45.1.1 that it works and the others don't?
Only Intel would know. It's an older driver, so it's possible that it wasn't doing the same validation steps that the current driver does.

Dell computers, right up there with Seagate HDDs.

Do you have any other computers you can use/test or borrow to see if the 6GHz band works at all on your router?

Dell computers, right up there with Seagate HDDs.

Recent past, yes. It has gotten harder to buy Dell. And you could say the same thing for ASUS routers. And a lot of other things. Granted... Seagate led! :)

OE

OP aside from Merlin’s advice and info regarding region regulation related issues, try getting the latest drivers directly from Intel’s site that’s what I do. Also are you on the latest version of W10?

Off topic but HP I’d say is the worst issues/failures from experience (well family and friends), Dell’s business models have been pretty solid over the years for me, along with after sales service compared to Asus and HP at least. Also they never voided warranty for self upgrades like WiFi cards etc ..and you could bargain for lower prices on chat and getting more expensive replacement models at no extra cost even for $600 refurb Inspiron unit for which I received a $1200 next gen model as a replacement for a minor issue. Not a fan of their Alienware brand though, subpar desktops. Granted different people may have different experiences.

Last edited:
Off topic but HP I’d say is the worst from experience, Dell’s business models have been pretty solid over the years for me, along with after sales service compared to Asus and HP at least. Also they never voided warranty for self upgrades like WiFi cards etc ..and you could bargain for lower prices on chat and getting more expensive replacement models at no extra cost even for $600 refurb Inspiron unit for which I received a $1200 next gen model as a replacement for a minor issue. Not a fan of their Alienware brand though, subpar desktops. Granted different people may have different experiences.

Agree... been buying Dell since early '90s... they have been most reliable in many aspects over the years.

OE

I know. What's even more odd is that it is all four of my computers which were bought from Dell US. Two of them even came with AX211/AX210 adapters installed when new, while the other two were swapped out. I tried to enable location access to see is that would make a difference, it didn't. I really don't know where to go next. What would be so different about 22.45.1.1 that it works and the others don't? One thing I did notice is that in the older driver 22.45.1.1, the Ultra High Speed Band option is missing.
View attachment 42236

Thanks. Even the latest 22.150.0.3 didn't fix my issue.

I'll leave this here:

Do you have any other computers you can use/test or borrow to see if the 6GHz band works at all on your router?
Unfortunately, I don't. I know the 6GHz band is working as my phone connects to it, and my computers connect to it, however only using the older 22.45.1.1.

OP aside from Merlin’s advice and info regarding region regulation related issues, try getting the latest drivers directly from Intel’s site that’s what I do. Also are you on the latest version of W10?
I have tried the latest driver from both Dell 22.130.0.5 and Intel 22.140.0.3, and even the 22.150.0.3 posted in this thread. The versions are listed below.

OSVersionBuildWireless CardModelCPU
W10 Pro21H119044.1766AX210Precision 5530i7-8850H
W11 Pro21H222000.778AX211XPS 9520i7-12700H
W11 Pro21H222000.778AX210Precision 7560i7-11800H
W10 Pro21H119403.1706AX210Inspiron 5402i5-1135G7

Last edited:
I have noticed on both my phone and laptop the 6E network is not always appearing in the list of networks available. On both I have been able to enter the SSID manually and connect, and from there it has been working without issue. Maybe worth a try, assuming you haven't tried to force the manual connection yet?

I have noticed on both my phone and laptop the 6E network is not always appearing in the list of networks available. On both I have been able to enter the SSID manually and connect, and from there it has been working without issue. Maybe worth a try, assuming you haven't tried to force the manual connection yet?
What phone do you have? I've got an iPhone 12Pro Max and from what I can tell, it does not have 6E capability. My wife's 2022 model W11 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 laptop OTOH, sees and connects to the 6E network with no issues other than the very first time when it did not see the 6E network at all. A computer reboot fixed that.

What phone do you have? I've got an iPhone 12Pro Max and from what I can tell, it does not have 6E capability. My wife's 2022 model W11 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 laptop OTOH, sees and connects to the 6E network with no issues other than the very first time when it did not see the 6E network at all. A computer reboot fixed that.
Samsung S22 Ultra, which definitely has wifi 6E. Also a 2022 Zephyrus G14. When I swapped the wifi cars to an AX210 the 6E network was shown in the network list without issue but on the factory mediatek adapter it didn't show.

I have tried a manual connection. The 6GHz signal strength is pretty strong at -46, my S21 Ultra connects at 2401/2401. I started a thread on Intel's Wireless Product Support Community Forums but noticed a similar thread where they basically told that user to pound sand and get with his OEM, so I don't expect a solution from them. Guess I'll have to deal with Dell, since two of the computers have factory installed AX210/AX211 adapters.

Screenshot_20220628-183408_analiti.jpg

Guess I'll have to deal with Dell, since two of the computers have factory installed AX210/AX211 adapters.
Give Asus' tech support a try. They may have received reports of other similar cases, and they might already have a solution.

Dell`s tech support probably wouldn`t even know what Wifi 6e is I bet.

I have tried a manual connection. The 6GHz signal strength is pretty strong at -46, my S21 Ultra connects at 2401/2401. I started a thread on Intel's Wireless Product Support Community Forums but noticed a similar thread where they basically told that user to pound sand and get with his OEM, so I don't expect a solution from them. Guess I'll have to deal with Dell, since two of the computers have factory installed AX210/AX211 adapters.

View attachment 42261

Have you tried this (resetting network stack) on the Dell's:

Have you tried this (resetting network stack) on the Dell's:
I hadn't previously tried that, but it didn't help when I did try it.

It's been a crazy exchange of messaging with Dell technical support so far, with them saying my XPS 9520 with factory AX 211 doesn't support Wi-Fi 6E. Although I have the same problem with my AX210 in my Precision 7560 which is supported according to Dell has the exact same problem and addressed in my support request.

I wish I could screenshot a snap of all my PM exchanges to highlight the incompetence I'm dealing with. So far Dell's response is that the XPS 9520 with AX211 adapter does not support 6GHz. When I confronted them with the exact same issue I am having with my Precision 7560, which is validated by Dell, they seem to have opened up a little bit.

I hadn't previously tried that, but it didn't help when I did try it.

It's been a crazy exchange of messaging with Dell technical support so far, with them saying my XPS 9520 with factory AX 211 doesn't support Wi-Fi 6E. Although I have the same problem with my AX210 in my Precision 7560 which is supported according to Dell has the exact same problem and addressed in my support request.

I wish I could screenshot a snap of all my PM exchanges to highlight the incompetence I'm dealing with. So far Dell's response is that the XPS 9520 with AX211 adapter does not support 6GHz. When I confronted them with the exact same issue I am having with my Precision 7560, which is validated by Dell, they seem to have opened up a little bit.

What you describe sounds like the Bios is Whitelisting what hardware is allowed:

I have this issue with an older Sandy Bridge HP laptop, the teardown manual says it will accept 5 or 6 wifi cards yet only 1 model works, I've tried them all. (only discovered this after buying an AC upgrade that would cause the unit not to post) It's N rated.

Dell needs to give you a Bios that lifts the restriction.

You can try a couple of things:

From Windows "All Settings" > "Network & Internet" you can try:
1) from Network settings scroll to bottom and try "Network reset" This should be the same as above but letting Windows do its own thing. PLUS REBOOT (they've made so many changes that this could work slightly differently / unknown.)

***2) from "Device Manager" uninstall the adapter and reboot and see if it Windows re-installs the adapter on its own. Be prepared to manually install the drivers. If the units can be hardwired during this procedure, keep it connected so Windows can access the internet to get drivers on its own. (( The Dell software may install from its own restore image???))
Reset Network Adapter Uninstall.jpg

EDIT: Are you on the newest Bios for the 4 Dell's? If this hasn't been done/upgraded then you should make sure you are on the newest.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!