What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just got the router yesterday (August 10) and everything was working fine but foward to today (August 11) i came home and the rgb lights were off also the 5.0 GHz-2 and 6.0 GHz bands wont show up. I tried a hard reset and nothing also flashed to merlin and the 2 bands just won't show up also no rgb lights as well. The 5.0 GHz-2 band shows up as very weak signal on my macbook and PC though but nothing on my phone. The only ones that show up is 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz-1. If anyone can help or have any suggestions i would very much appreciate it. I attached the wireless log in case anyone wants to take a look. I can also give the system logs if that helps. :)

Attachments

• Wireless log.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 69
Time to return it. If issues such as this show up in the first 24 hours, it is a hardware issue (even if you seem to get it working again somehow in the meantime).

I just got the router yesterday (August 10) and everything was working fine but foward to today (August 11) i came home and the rgb lights were off also the 5.0 GHz-2 and 6.0 GHz bands wont show up. I tried a hard reset and nothing also flashed to merlin and the 2 bands just won't show up also no rgb lights as well. The 5.0 GHz-2 band shows up as very weak signal on my macbook and PC though but nothing on my phone. The only ones that show up is 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz-1. If anyone can help or have any suggestions i would very much appreciate it. I attached the wireless log in case anyone wants to take a look. I can also give the system logs if that helps. :)
Yeah… I would return it if I were you

I'm talking to asus support at the moment. Maybe i can get a advanced RMA for replacement. I wonder if this is a common issue for this router or if it just happened to be a bad unit. Everything was working fine and then suddenly the 2 of the 4 bands just drop and the Aura lights turn off as well. 2 Days after that the power light indicator won't turn on either. The weird thing is all other indicator lights are functioning properly and all ethernet ports work without any issue aswell as the 2 other wifi bands.

It's basically an AX89X but without the SFP+ port. lol

I'm talking to asus support at the moment. Maybe i can get a advanced RMA for replacement. I wonder if this is a common issue for this router or if it just happened to be a bad unit. Everything was working fine and then suddenly the 2 of the 4 bands just drop and the Aura lights turn off as well. 2 Days after that the power light indicator won't turn on either. The weird thing is all other indicator lights are functioning properly and all ethernet ports work without any issue aswell as the 2 other wifi bands.

It's basically an AX89X but without the SFP+ port. lol
Different chipset though. The AX89X uses a Qualcomm 2.2Ghz Quad-core SoC and the AXE16000 a Broadcom 2.0Ghz Quad-core.

I just tried this and the slow upload speeds still exist so I'm just gonna keep using the 10g port as wan and then use the 2.5 for alimesh for my gxe11000 since that works for me until they can fix this issue
I know I am late to the party. I just set mine to dual wan and change my default Wan to Ethernet Lan, Lan Port 1. I get fast speeds up and down. No need to use the 10 gig port.

shout out to AX89X, with newer hardware and firmware revision, it is very stable workhorse albeit with no firmware customisation
SFP+ is cooler thermally than RJ45 in a plus.
Running the AX89X B2 revision since 2 weeks and it's rock stable. 0 issues and blazing fast. Most probably the best router ASUS has made. To bad it looks like s**t :D.

shout out to AX89X, with newer hardware and firmware revision, it is very stable workhorse albeit with no firmware customisation
SFP+ is cooler thermally than RJ45 in a plus.
A question, there's two versions of the AX89? I've been looking at that model as I recently had 10GbE service installed and wanted to see what all that extra speed was like. The AX89 seems to be the only model with a 10GbE WAN port and 10GbE LAN port; the rest of the lineup appears to have one or the other along with a mix of 2.5GbE ports. Plus, it was released over two years ago, so I wondering how long its capabilities will remain current. I suppose I should make a new thread and do some searching, but I saw your comment about a hardware revision and was curious. Thanks.

Here you go. Had the same question some weeks ago.
I would say it's one of the best Asus routers and very mature. Especialy if you get revision B2.

I was able to find one at my local Micro Center.

Anyone been having issues with 6E disconnecting constantly? Also, does 6E offer WPA2-Personal under under the Autentication Method (Wireless tab)?

I only see 2 options in my setup here:: WPA3-Personal & Enhanced open. I'm running latest RMerlin 386.8 fw.

Maybe I have to do a full reset?

6E requires WPA 3.

I was able to find one at my local Micro Center.

Anyone been having issues with 6E disconnecting constantly? Also, does 6E offer WPA2-Personal under under the Autentication Method (Wireless tab)?

I only see 2 options in my setup here:: WPA3-Personal & Enhanced open. I'm running latest RMerlin 386.8 fw.

Maybe I have to do a full reset?
Doesn't look like 6 GHz offers anything but WPA3. Mine has been set to the default WPA3 personal since I got it.

I have not had a single issue with 6E disconnects since I got mine 2 months ago. I did a dirty flash to merlin's alpha and dirty upgraded since then to the current release and no hiccups with wifi connectivity.

My phone is an S22U that I exclusively connect via 6E, so any issues would be pretty obvious I think.

So have any of you been experiencing this issue I will log into the router make a change in the setting it'll kick me out and say you've entered the password incorrect five times then I'll have to wait 5 minutes I enter the password it just sends me to a blank page I try with a different browser I get in and then it just kicks me out again and I'm going to endless loop of you've entered the password incorrect five times.

I mean this is ridiculous and is just solid and competence that this keeps happening.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!