What's new

GT-BE98 WIFI 7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Review:

Wi-Fi Alliance is saying: WiFi 7 at least 30 Gbps, but not very faster.

xda-developers.com:
If you own a device that supports Wi-Fi 7, it is currently using a "draft" version of the standard. If you're using it for home use, you shouldn't notice any performance difference over a device that uses a "finalized" version of the standard, and your device should receive a firmware update to bring it up to speed.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Would be nice to see if there will some speed improvements with new Firmware or a later version 2 of the GT-BE98 :cool:

I ordered the BE98 Pro just yesterday so it should ship this week. Will probably pair it with my axe16000 routers. The pro version is pretty neat specs wise. Fun times ahead!

You're probably going to be stunned with this statement...

I have multiple WiFi6 clients, and I run a couple of AP's on my primary LAN...

With all the IoT crap, along with media streamers, my work stuff - I'm still running WiFi4 (802.11n) on my 2.4, and WiFi5 Wave 1 on my 5GHz network for my primary home network.

I'm doing exploratory work for WiFi6e and WiFi7 on separate LAN/WLAN - and that with 2.5Gbe upstreams - what I've found is...

I see little difference between my lab/test WLAN and my HomeLAN/WLAN - and this is over both Wireless and Wired...

to the end user - the internet is slow, it's upstream...

to the end user - the internet is slow, it's upstream...
LAN traffic is another reason to want faster wifi. I sure like that my laptop disk imaging is being written to my NAS at faster than 1 Gbps, so it doesn't take forever to complete - I don't necessarily keep my laptop turned on for hours.

I don't have any Wifi 7 clients so I can't test it. But Wifi 6e did improve throughput over Wifi 6 with this specific laptop that I upgraded to an AX211.

Hello people 😊

I have purchased yesterday Asus ROG Raptur GT-BE98 WiFi7 will get delivered at 28/12 but I bit confused 😕 if this router worth it my plane was purchased GT-AXE16000 it almost half price of BE98 for gaming and home using

The other reason I'm not encouraged to buy it is
merlin not supporting BE98 with out Merlin 😂 I think ASU’s = 99.9 $ the last a few years only trust customers frimwear

Thanks and happy 2024 🥰

Buy/try/test both, in your environment and with your use case and client devices. Only you will know if it's worth it.

Myself? I am holding out for certified WiFi 7 Gen 2 routers sometime next year.

Happy 2024 to you too! :)

Myself? I am holding out for certified WiFi 7 Gen 2 routers sometime next year.

I'm probably a couple of years out, maybe more, for my primary WAN/WLAN - WiFi6 didn't offer that much more than what I have already...

My GBE 98 Will arribe next week( pro does not Sell in some countries in europe) becouse of bands and frequencies regulations

@merlin will you be adding your great firmware to this model ?

happy holidays

Who else can say whether it's in the works yet or not. I'm confident it will happen at some point; also that asking won't make it happen any sooner, especially since such requests are formally deprecated.

iam not asking him to implement only if its on the pipeline......... jesus, i like many others apreciate all the work and support him and many others devs, so stop creating a matter when there is none.

happy holidays for everyone

Hello everyone, I know there won't be huge changes in my life but I still want to ask and hear your opinions. I have a DSL modem (not even a router) from Asus that I've been using for more than 5 years. It has Wifi 5. But the internet speed I'm getting is 100Mbps. So it's plenty for my need at least for now. But I want to get futureproof products too. I just built a new pc having a Wifi 7 feature with the Motherboard and that's why I was planning to buy a Wifi 7 router too. I was looking for something great and nothing else than GT-BE98 seems appealing to me. It's very expensive though but I somehow still want it. Not just only because it has a great speed, I also want to explore its features and use them in my house.

I see a lot of videos on the internet with recommendations of buying a Wifi 6e modem instead of Wifi 7 due to non existing clients yet. But as I mentioned I already got a PC with Wifi 7 and now I'm asking to myself why not :) My internet speed isn't just there yet but I may have the option to upgrade my speed soon.

What are your thoughts? Would I just get a Wifi 6E or get this router without hesitating?

Thank you very much for your help.

Very expensive and the specs of the new generation aren't even finalized yet, are they? If precedence can be expected to continue, look back at the two previous generations where equipment was released in a couple of waves each. With more of the spec supported on the second wave.

I wasn't following along then as much as now, so don't rightly know how much of what extra was "opened up" by new firmware on the first-released gear vs. requirement of newer-yet hardware, too.

Based upon comments I've seen here like "that was a first wave model" I'd be leary of spending top dollar on the new scheme just yet. Instead of future-proofing, my frugality (such as it is) would lead me to waiting a bit longer for the future first. There is some excellent AX hardware available now at pretty fair prices and it would be very worthwhile to go that route as a stopgap IMO.

Thank you. I was really excited about buying it but considering the higher price in Turkey (around $1200 with extra luxury taxes) I decided to wait and maybe I’ll try to buy it in one of the Europeen countries which don’t have that price difference.

For now I’ll keep tracking all the news and reviews about the product.

AX16000 could be a good option for sure but I still prefer the Wifi 7 model. I just want to make this purchase in the right moment. Thank you again.