What's new

Have anyone tried Asus RT-AX88U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

man_with_cash_000073068135.jpg

:D

bought 10 days ago, nothing exciting.

As I read from the FCC RF exposure, AX88U seems increased to power in low 5GHz channel as NETGEAR did long time ago, wonder how does it compare with others like 86U

As I read from the FCC RF exposure, AX88U seems increased to power in low 5GHz channel

Asus did this for the AC3100 and the AC88U. Nothing new here the power law was changed in 2015.

My previous router, synology rt2600ac, was updated to support wpa3 a few weeks ago actually, so asus dropped the ball on that one :)
Router manfs are not in a screaming hurry to implement WPA3 on older products because of lack of support in device OSes. They’re also focusing on pushing out draft 11ax products.

My previous router, synology rt2600ac, was updated to support wpa3 a few weeks ago actually, so asus dropped the ball on that one :)

WPA3 implementation has to come from the manufacturer of the chip (Broadcom) first of all, not the router manufacturer. There are no traces of WPA3 is the latest Broadcom SDK.

WPA3 implementation has to come from the manufacturer of the chip (Broadcom) first of all, not the router manufacturer. There are no traces of WPA3 is the latest Broadcom SDK.

Yeah for sure, and rt2600ac is Qualcomm.

Router manfs are not in a screaming hurry to implement WPA3 on older products because of lack of support in device OSes. They’re also focusing on pushing out draft 11ax products.

hostapd and wpa_supplicant have updates already in place upstream for wpa3, and since much of this is above the MAC layer, for softMAC chipsets, it should be easy to implement...

AP/Router vendors should not wait for the clients, but move forward with some care - for a WPA2 client associating with an WPA3 AP, it should be fairly painless actually...

Have you tried any QoS? Wondering how the quad-core CPU is handling that. One of the major issues I've run into with my R7000 is major slowdowns in speed when QoS is enabled due to the CPU bottleneck.
I'm also curious about this.

Presumably with a quad core and 1gb of memory, QOS should be just fine. I have my AX88 using Adaptive QOS with no issues. Similarly, I had no issues with it on the Ac3100 though.