What's new

Help in fine tuning my network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

monch9

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have a D-Link DIR825 as my primary router. A IOMega Home network media NAS is on one of the LAN ports. Another is connected to a Netgear Powerline plug. The other powerline is then connected to a WRT54G LAN port (loaded with DD-WRT as an access point). Then another LAN port is then connected to the Netgear EVA-8000.

Question:
Are there any settings to maximize the throughput from the NAS (connected to DIR825) to the EVA (connected to WRT54G)? Both the NAS and EVA have fixed IP.

Monch

The limit is probably the powerline connection. What model specifically are you using? What throughput are you getting?

Hi,

My powerline is the Netgear HDXB101. Throughput is reported to be 44Mbps. Not HD quality but should be good enough for regular AVI's. I just want to make sure that all the 44Mbps gets fully routed between the EVA and the IOMega NAS.

Thanks in advance.

Raymond

There really isn't anything you can tweak in the powerline adapter.

44 Mbps, if it's steady, should be fine for HD video.