What's new

Help with installing/configuring Owncloud

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jappish84

Regular Contributor
I started off by following this guide: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/how-to-owncloud-on-router.10403/

Since I couldn´t simply copy/paste I realized that this was an old post, so I found this instead: https://github.com/Entware/Entware/wiki/Using-Owncloud

I successfully installed Entware, and the installation seemed to go well for owncloud aswell. I can start the server (version8), and am presented with the page to create an admin account.

Problem is, every time I try to send the admin credentials to create, I get a ERROR 500 - page can´t load.

I need some help to figure out whats wrong... and probably also to install the latest version.

I tried following the second guides step to intall php7-openssl aswell, but this just fails with the message "unknown package"

php7-mod-intl installed fine.

upload_2019-4-30_19-14-7.png

Ahh, Owncloud. I installed it in 2013 on an AC68 running Merlin/Entware.
It’s was a bit too heavyweight back then - so I removed it.
I now have an AX88u and tried it today (thanks for bringing it up!)
I followed the procedure on the github/entware post above.
Didn’t quite work, PHP was failing on setting up the data base.
Easy fix - go to Ownclouds website and download the latest zip. It’s up to ver. 16 - the Entware wiki curl script grabs an old 10 vintage.
Once I unzipped the latest, works like a charm.

Cool, thanks, will definitely try this later.

But since I already followed this guide I'm guessing I should remove v8 first. How do I do this best? Just remove the folder is there a way to apt-get remove?

Not feeling that comfortable since I don't quite understand entware and whatnot

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk