What's new

Home Network help - Router+AP+bridge - ugh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trek_520

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I had this up and running and I decided to upgrade my AP dual band version and things quit working and I cannot figure out why ^#%%$&^#!

Here is the basic layout:
1. Main router DLINK DIR-665 - running WIFI in the 5ghz band - wireless clients can connect just fine
2. DLINK DAP-1522 bridge - the status shows it connected to the DIR-665 wireless signal
3. Linksys WRT400N (running DD-WRT in AP mode) - fixed ip address out of main router DCHP, DHCP server off, UPnP off

This system was setup and running perfectly before took out an old DLINK AP and replaced it with the DD-WRT Linksys WRT400N turned AP. MY PROBLEM IS - the computer attached Ethernet to the bridge (wireless is disabled) can no longer get on the internet or see any other part of my network. The confusing part is the computer is getting an IP address within the DHCP range of the main router... The subnet is the same. I don't get it, ugh.

I am sure this is a networking issues - but I am not sure how to fix... please help!

Thanks Tom

Last edited: