What's new

How bad is the new AX57?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

byyuan

Occasional Visitor
I am using the AX56U, very good value but not always stable. Read there is a new AX57 in pre-order, shall I upgrade? (AX68U was pulled off the market, why?) https://www.asus.com.cn/store/gallery-78/c1.html
Screenshot 2022-10-12 162542.png

As with all entry-level routers, any move/improvement may just be sideways. Unless tested in your own environment, no one can really recommend it as an 'upgrade'.

Where do you see the RT-AX68U has been pulled from the market? Still widely available.

As with all entry-level routers, any move/improvement may just be sideways. Unless tested in your own environment, no one can really recommend it as an 'upgrade'.

Where do you see the RT-AX68U has been pulled from the market? Still widely available.
not available in China anymore.

Seems to be an ax55 with an updated CPU. My ax55 (working as a node) has a 1.5ghz while this seems to have a 1.7ghz. Not sure about radio differences. My ax55 works just fine. It was used for a few months as main router and only changed because I decided to implement a mesh network and bought a tuf-ax5400 as main. During the time I used it as main, I found no problem with it, appart from the fact that the AiProtection (or parental controls, or both, not sure) was more limited than the one available on the ax5400. It handled my 500/100 hfc connection just fine.

Okay, but China is not the whole market. Readily available still and a great upgrade from any AC class router for most.

Okay, but China is not the whole market. Readily available still and a great upgrade from any AC class router for most.
Couldn't agree more..I upgraded from an AC68P to the AX68U and its one of the best Asus routers I've owned. Speedy, great range and FAR cooler running than my previous ones, and overall a rock solid device. Asus shows it available on the firmware page and there are quite a few on Ebay too

How does this ax57 compare to Ax58u?

RT-AX57 is a cheaper version of RT-AX58U V2 with 256MB RAM and stripped down firmware options.

Last edited:
I believe it will work well for AiMesh node in theory, but can't be sure because I never had this router in my hands and some AiMesh configurations between different hardware routers may have issues. Your RT-AX58U V1 has different radios than RT-AX57 and both routers run different firmware. How well they will work together only you can tell. This RT-AX57 router appeared in Canada just few weeks ago and I've seen it already on sale under $100.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!