What's new

How can I monitor temperature on an AIMesh Node (merlin)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iceblue1980

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have done quite a substantial fan mod on my Asus RT-AC68u (circuit with temperature-control, driving 2x 12V fans with a separate power supply) and wanted to ask whether it is possible to monitor the temperature of an AIMesh node? Currently I can only see the main router. I'm on Merlin of course. Thanks

Hi all,

I have done quite a substantial fan mod on my Asus RT-AC68u (circuit with temperature-control, driving 2x 12V fans with a separate power supply) and wanted to ask whether it is possible to monitor the temperature of an AIMesh node? Currently I can only see the main router. I'm on Merlin of course. Thanks
I did with scripts writing to the syslog, please see this post.

Post in thread 'Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available'
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-1-beta-is-now-available.68205/post-648007

Nice job.

I did with scripts writing to the syslog, please see this post.

Post in thread 'Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available'
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-1-beta-is-now-available.68205/post-648007
In that post you say the script is different between the 68u and the 86u....but I can't see any difference in the text represented, and for the 86 version, there seems to be some kind of crazy character before the Temp-CPU variable, but I can't seem to replicate it with a copy / paste....

Captures.JPG

Another way it could be done is to install scribe on the node, and set this script up to be caught by it, and forwarded to the main router's logs. And having scribe on my main router (along with uiScribe) I've had it pull out the temp stuff separately so I can quickly look at how the temperature has been tracking. (Note, as of now, the separate log is only for my main, not my node, I haven't implemented any temp tracking on my node yet, but seriously thinking about it using what I'm talking about here)

Capture.JPG