What's new

How to do port forwarding on Asus Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Does your router have a public internet address? So the WAN address is not 10.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or 100.x.x.x.
2) Does the server on the LAN already have a fixed IP address (i.e. 192.168.1.50)?
3) What is the port number you want to forward? Is it TCP or UDP?

1) Does your router have a public internet address? So the WAN address is not 10.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or 100.x.x.x.
2) Does the server on the LAN already have a fixed IP address (i.e. 192.168.1.50)?
3) What is the port number you want to forward? Is it TCP or UDP?

Hi Colin

The router does have a WAN address (I use sky but with a BT OpenReach Modem)
The server does have Fixed IP Addresses for example the NAS is always 192.168.1.2
I am trying to get a NAS services to port forward so for example one of them in 5000 TCP

Go to WAN > Virtual Server / Port Forwarding.
Enable Port Forwarding.
Enter the details as shown in the image, remembering to hit "+" to add it to the list.
Click Apply.

That's it.

Untitled.png

For some reason I only have ADD PROFILE button and no APPLY button there..
Without the APPLY button, it doesn't save the profiles I have added :(

I suggest that you write your router model in your signature instead of placing advertisements...:rolleyes:

Necroposting an almost five year old thread.
As the prior poster indicated; post your router model. Also post the firmware version the router is running, how it's configured (router's operation mode, AiMesh, VPN, add-on scripts, etc.), and it also helps to post a screen shot of your issue/what you see to better help others understand what you see.

There is no "Apply" button anymore, only the "Add profile" button. After you've added the new profile it takes effect immediately. There's no need to apply it anymore. If that's not happening then you've got other problems, like running out of NVRAM.

1679926028539.jpeg

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!