What's new

Diversion How to know if I already enabled multiple block lists?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stebrick

Regular Contributor
I'm new to Diversion. I'd like to add multiple block lists (instead of only using 1 predefined block list). So the screenshot below shows what I've done. Then I processed and updated the list and it appears those lists have been downloaded and processed. However according to uiDivStats, there are only 1.5 million domains currently on blocklist. So I'm not entirely sure if all these block lists have been enabled. Is there a way to check/test it? Or does Diversion only allow us to keep ONE of the Customizable hosts list (i.e. one of the four txt in the picture below) ?

putty_EbkoU0BuAU.png

I'm new to Diversion. I'd like to add multiple block lists (instead of only using 1 predefined block list). So the screenshot below shows what I've done. Then I processed and updated the list and it appears those lists have been downloaded and processed. However according to uiDivStats, there are only 1.5 million domains currently on blocklist. So I'm not entirely sure if all these block lists have been enabled. Is there a way to check/test it? Or does Diversion only allow us to keep ONE of the Customizable hosts list (i.e. one of the four txt in the picture below) ?

View attachment 35034
Sigh.
hosts.oisd.nl already includes the adaway as well as the ubuntu101 hosts.
Additionally, 1024_hosts also includes the adaway hosts.
So by including the adaway hosts at least three times you expect Diversion to just add them blindly and unchecked?

Do your research before adding hosts files willy-nilly.

Sigh.
hosts.oisd.nl already includes the adaway as well as the ubuntu101 hosts.
Additionally, 1024_hosts also includes the adaway hosts.
So by including the adaway hosts at least three times you expect Diversion to just add them blindly and unchecked?

Do your research before adding hosts files willy-nilly.

Thanks. I know there would be duplication, otherwise the blocked domains counted would be much more than that number. I just wanted to know if those multiple block lists are enabled already as the interface isn't entirely clear to a layman like me. Upon my testing it seems that as long as those lists aren't red, they are enabled already.

Since multiple blocking lists is possible, my next question is, is there a limit how much domains the diversion/router can normally handle? And what's the drawback if too much domains/lists are added to diversion?

Thanks. I know there would be duplication, otherwise the blocked domains counted would be much more than that number. I just wanted to know if those multiple block lists are enabled already as the interface isn't entirely clear to a layman like me. Upon my testing it seems that as long as those lists aren't red, they are enabled already.

Since multiple blocking lists is possible, my next question is, is there a limit how much domains the diversion/router can normally handle? And what's the drawback if too much domains/lists are added to diversion?
On top you can see the number of hosts files in use.
9272DA16-2C03-4AB8-9087-4A2A60100823.png

Anyway, there is no point in having duplicate domains in multiple hosts file entries. The large option is already more than enough for most of us. If you still see ads domain not in the blocking list you can always manually add it to blacklist. As for drawback, large takes up more RAM than say standard list. Just enjoy your ads free experience with diversion.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!