What's new

How to resolve LAN access when using SSL certs for WAN acess

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rmduk

Occasional Visitor
Hello.
I recently decided to start using Lets Encrypt SSL certs for internet access to features on my Synology NAS (using self signed certs before) to remove the tiresome security warnings. However, since making this change I can no longer access these same services (CalDav / CardDav for example) from the LAN side as SSL certs are for WAN domain name and IP address.

Is there a simply way on ASUS router to allow devices connected to LAN to resolve as though on WAN (It this loopback??).

My setup is domain name resolves to AC66U router WAN port IP, configred to port forward to the Synology NAS, which is where the Lets Encrpt certs reside. AC66U has latest stable firmware 380.69.

I tried using dnsmasq on the router to force resolution of domain name to local IP adress instead of WAN address , but I still get an error on SSL authentication when connected via LAN.

Hoping there is a simple resolution to this, and appreciate any assistance.

Regards...Rob

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!