What's new

I may be the first person to play games on asus router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Surprisingly numerous games in Entware:

admin@RT-AX88U-26A8:/jffs/scripts# opkg list | grep game
angband - 4.2.4-1 - Angband is a single-player, text-based, dungeon simulation derived from the game Moria, which was in turn based on Rogue. It is often described as a \"roguelike\" game because the look and feel of the game is still quite similar to Rogue.
cavezofphear - 0.5.1-1 - CAVEZ of PHEAR is a boulder dash / digger like game for console / terminals using ncurses. The goal of this game is to escape through the caves by collecting diamonds and avoid falling stones.
crawl - 0.28.0-1 - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is an open-source, single-player, role-playing roguelike game of exploration and treasure-hunting in dungeons filled with dangerous and unfriendly monsters in a quest to rescue the mystifyingly fabulous Orb of Zot.
gnuchess - 6.2.9-1 - GNU Chess lets most modern computers play a full game of chess. It has a plain terminal interface but supports visual interfaces such as XBoard.
nethack - 3.6.6-1 - Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly.
superstartrek - 0.0.21-2015-2 - Super Star Trek is quite possibly the best of the Star Trek games from the 1970s. Of course, it does not make use of graphics, or even assume a video display, but it still an interesting game to play, particularly for those of us who don't have the reflexes we used to and prefer a more cerebral computer game.
tty-solitaire - 1.3.1-1 - klondlike solitaire game.
vitetris - 0.59.1-1 - Vitetris is a terminal-based Tetris clone by Victor Nilsson. Gameplay is much like the early Tetris games by Nintendo. Features include: configurable keys, highscore table, two-player mode with garbage, network play.
zork - 1.0-20180131-1 - Zork (also named as Dungeon) is a text adventure game written by Tim Anderson, Marc Blank, Bruce Daniels, and Dave Lebling in 1980.

Have you no sense of history? Surely the next game ought to be MUD!

You guys talking games here, huh?

84apcglxx4l.png

May be available with the next amtm update :p;):cool:

Uh Oh, Looks Like Trouble.
I don't think RMerlin is going to appreciate all the "inquisitions" about his fw slowing down routers, due to the game play that is about to be unleashed.
And if you were tired of the "Router Temp" threads, just wait for the Game Threads.
When's the update ;)

Last edited:
After some "research", I finally figured out why no one out there has tried playing games on the router, as the Tetris difficulty level increases, the cpu load will increase, eventually saturate, and then get the chance to sleep on the couch at night :mad:
Time to get the AX-11000 or equivalent for the quad-core for "gaming" lmao

Has anyone had any luck hooking up a wireless Xbox controller to the router yet specifically for gaming?? This is becoming a must-have! :p

Has anyone had any luck hooking up a wireless Xbox controller to the router yet specifically for gaming?? This is becoming a must-have! :p
USB-C needed for display now lol

It was kind of easter egg ten years ago. Some screencasts:

Interestingly, on Mipsel routers with the no longer maintained Entware repository crawl - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup runs but very slow of course.

On all newer ARM and HND routers however, crawl fails to start.
aarch64-k3.10 and armv7sf-k3.2 report
Code:
/opt/bin/crawl: error while loading shared libraries: liblua.so.5.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
While armv7sf-k2.6 has more to lament:
Code:
user@RT-AC1900P-CA08:/tmp/home/root# /opt/bin/crawl
-sh: /opt/bin/crawl: not found
user@RT-AC1900P-CA08:/tmp/home/root# sh /opt/bin/crawl
/opt/bin/crawl: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")
user@RT-AC1900P-CA08:/tmp/home/root# which crawl
/opt/bin/crawl

Uh Oh, Looks Like Trouble.
I don't think RMerlin is going to appreciate all the "inquisitions" about his fw slowing down routers, due to the game play that is about to be unleashed.
And if you were tired of the "Router Temp" threads, just wait for the Game Threads.
When's the update ;)
Well at least no one can say routers are boring.

Thanks @ryzhov_al for adding the crawl issue to GitHub, I was about to report it myself.

Maybe this is out of your hands, but i can recommend the game MUD. Textbased game where nerds can get lost in.

MUD Wikipedia

10GB swap file? :)

Always.

What about this one, @thelonelycoder? Looks like it's working and folks are using it. It's a major Asuswrt functionality fix.

What about this one, @thelonelycoder? Looks like it's working and folks are using it. It's a major Asuswrt functionality fix.

Patience, we are on it, some things take a little longer than a blink of an eye.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!