What's new

INCONSISTENT CONNECTION

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ISP >> ISP router (DHCP server) >> AiMesh router in AP mode >> AiMesh node(s)
This is correct!

I thought all the time an Aimesh Master has to run in router mode (with its own DHCP and so on) and it is not possible to run Aimesh Master in AP mode at all!

Are you sure thats your config?

I thought all the time an Aimesh Master has to run in router mode (with its own DHCP and so on) and it is not possible to run Master Aimesh in AP mode at all!

Are you sure thats your config?

I am with you. I can't see this working without an AiMesh Master controlling the nodes. :confused:

ISP >> ISP router (DHCP server) >> AiMesh router in AP mode >> AiMesh node(s)

This is correct!

There is a second DHCP for VOIP as well

Did you connect the cable to a LAN port?
Can you access to ISP router as an admin?
Correct connection: ISP router>----cable----->AiMesh Main 'WAN' port
I think you need to draw a network diagram.

I am with you. I can't see this working without an AiMesh Master controlling the nodes. :confused:

This is from my 86U Administration tab. It implies that an AiMesh router in AP mode ("AiMesh master") and AiMesh nodes can be connected to another router (ISP router):

o Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default)
x Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode
o Repeater modeMedia Bridge
o AiMesh Node

"AiMesh Routers in AP mode connect to a wireless router through an Ethernet cable to extend the wireless signal to other network clients. In this mode, the firewall, IP sharing, and NAT functions are disabled by default. You can add AiMesh nodes to form an AiMesh WiFi system to provide extra WiFi coverage.

When AiMesh Routers are in AP mode, the DHCP-assigned IP address changes. Install and use the Device Discovery Utility in order to detect the wireless router's IP address."

ISP >> ISP router (firewall, only DHCP server, NAT) >> AiMesh router in AP mode >> AiMesh node(s)

OE

This is from my 86U Administration tab. It implies that an AiMesh router in AP mode ("AiMesh master") and AiMesh nodes can be connected to another router (ISP router):

o AiMesh Node

"AiMesh Routers in AP mode connect to a wireless router through an Ethernet cable to extend the wireless signal to other network clients. In this mode, the firewall, IP sharing, and NAT functions are disabled by default. You can add AiMesh nodes to form an AiMesh WiFi system to provide extra WiFi coverage.

When AiMesh Routers are in AP mode, the DHCP-assigned IP address changes. Install and use the Device Discovery Utility in order to detect the wireless router's IP address."

ISP >> ISP router (firewall, only DHCP server, NAT) >> AiMesh router in AP mode >> AiMesh node(s)

OE
This is correct.
upload_2019-6-28_8-44-22.png

o AiMesh Node

OE

Thanks for your help OE. I guess the reset was what it needed.

Nope. "Internet may not be available"
1. Update all of them to the latest firmware.
2. Clear NVRAM.
3. Disable 'Roaming assistant'.
4. Disable all of ' Beamforming'.
5. Assign an IP for 'Node 1' manually (e.g. 192.168.1.10)
6. Assign an IP for 'Node 2' manually (e.g. 192.168.1.11)
7. Reboot all of them.

Doesn't disabling Roaming Assistant essentially disable the mesh handoff?

The AP Router is statically assigned an IP, subnet, default gateway, and DNS server. We are constantly dropping connection, nodes go offline, "no internet available".

Why do you assign anything on the AiMesh router in AP mode... shouldn't it pickup these settings from the main/ISP router?

OE

Doesn't disabling Roaming Assistant essentially disable the mesh handoff?

Yes.

Do consider disabling Universal beamforming and Airtime Fairness.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!