What's new

Intermittent loss of Wi-Fi since upgrading to 386.7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don't make too many assumptions, on my side and as Makaveli pointed out, no problem for more than 15 days now.
LAN/WAN/WIFI and VPN work without any instability on my AX88U.

Don't make too many assumptions, on my side and as Makaveli pointed out, no problem for more than 15 days now.
LAN/WAN/WIFI and VPN work without any instability on my AX88U.
I'm not making any assumptions, but several users have reported problems with the latest build and I've merely stated that with build 386.5_2, everything has been stable, but even after a clean install of 386.7.0, I've had instability, so there definitely seems to be some issue with the latest firmware for some of us.

noted. It seems strange to me though, maybe our AX88U are not quite identical in terms of hardware ? which explains these differences with some of us.

noted. It seems strange to me though, maybe our AX88U are not quite identical in terms of hardware ? which explains these differences with some of us.
Yes, I was wondering that myself. I may have a further attempt at upgrading in the next day or so, with several hard resets first and then running it without any scripts (I only have Skynet and SNMP, which I can live without for a few days).

I wonder. Mine is hardware A1, the first original.

Yes, I was wondering that myself. I may have a further attempt at upgrading in the next day or so, with several hard resets first and then running it without any scripts (I only have Skynet and SNMP, which I can live without for a few days).
I’m running Skynet, Diversion (w/Pixelserv), uidivstats.
(No longer running yazfi.)
All still going well here 386.7_1 test build.
Did 60 odd hours without fault on 386.7.

I reset everything from scratch, nothing from backups.

I've just checked the box and it says that my hardware is version A1.1

Here is the hardware version of my AX88U router: A1.1 (year 2019)
IMG_20220708_140434.jpg

In any case, it works perfectly with the 386.7 firmware at home.

Yes, we have exactly the same version of the hardware. So maybe your problem is with the scripts ? (as Treadler pointed out)

I'll give it another go but I won't add any scripts until I know that everything is stable. Wish me luck:)

Indeed, do the 386.7 update then do a WPS reset + format the JFFS partition + reboot. Reconfigure all your settings manually without backup and especially without installing Scripts.
Test the Wifi, good luck ;)

Last edited:
WPS reset doesn't work on my router for some reason. I've done one GUI factory reset and 3 resets with the button on the router, plus I have reformatted the jffs partition.

I had wifi drops on AX86U and I have never used YAZF.
The only script I've used is Diversion prior to fw upgrade and is not on the router as I've been trying to sort the wifi issues so I reset everything and cleared jffs multiple times.

Skimmin through this thread & feeling bad for those wasting copious amounts of time & growing frustrated but I just have to ask...
-Did those of you who experienced these issues FIRST try the firmware (with as default of settings as possible) + NO USB Stick or Drive plugged-into the router???
-If you've added a USB-device & a script, or two, or perhaps several...
Perhaps verify that...
Administration > System > USB Setting:Enable HDD Hibernation:No
I say this because... The more processes & scripts running via USB, the more likely that USB-hibernating could cause problems.
I support all kinds of technology within healthcare & we've seen sleeping USB-devices cause us grief.