What's new

Internet status: Disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

YGator

New Around Here
I have a RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.8_2 and within the last week or two I noticed my Internet status shows disconnected even though my Internet is up and working. How does it determine this? I do see the following message in the browser console log for the index.asp page:
[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/. jquery.js:5

Thanks

I actually sent my AC86U back for warranty service.
They sent me a factory new in the box replacement.
There is definitely something going on with these routers. I have seen the issue recur with the replacement router, however i was able to power cycle everything to get it to reconnect. For all I know, it may be caused by the ISP's modem.

Since the WAN has reported being down it seems that I no longer get new entries in AiProtection or Web History. Do these not function if they think the WAN is not up?

Just noticed the router has been up and running for 24 days. I went ahead and rebooted and now the WAN shows as up and I am getting web history again. I'll have to wait and see if I get new entries for AiProtection.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!