What's new

ipv6 issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lukasz

New Around Here
I have RT-AC66U, and few months ago I've enabled ipv6. It's been working fine for many months.

Yesterday I needed to test some software with ipv6 and i realized i don't have IP assigned.

at this point I had 380.59 installed and ipv6 page was showing blank for LAN IPv6 Address, LAN Prefix Length, LAN IPv6 Prefix. I've sshed into router, ipcofnig was showing just local link.
I've restarted router, router modem, modem router, disabled enabled ipv6, nothing helped. At this point I've installed Firmware:380.61 didn't help and same round of restarting,

Next step was factory reset, and all of a sudden i had my ipv6 back and all worked fine for 24h.

During configuration i've set admin interface to https only, but next day when i tried to configure ipv6 firewall (using chrome) admin UI was very unresponsive, js errors in console, i logged in using MS edge and all works fine (separate issue i don't care much about it) anyways i switched back to admin interface to `both` restarted router and my ipv6 is gone again, restarts do not help. i really would like to avoid factory resets...

here is the log from last 2 restarts http://pastebin.com/TALN4wy0

Can you please help me debug the problem?

i would greatly appreciate some guidance

Last edited:
Hey Lukasz

Your Logfile suggests that your ISP is comcast, is that correct? There seems to be a fix for some comcast-related problems. Excerpt from the changelog of 378.53:

- CHANGED: The setting to enable the neighbour solication filter rule
for Comcast's request flooding was changed to "ipv6_ns_drop",
and now defaults to "0" as this hack causes issues with
other ISPs.​
This options is available under Tools | Other Settings.

Hi thank you for pointing that out, I've enabled this option, restarted router, disabled/enabled ipv6, restarted modem and router
As of right now i still don't have ipv6 :(

i guess i'll hookup my laptop directly to the modem and run wireshark to debug on packet level

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!