What's new

ipv6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kabouter Plop

Regular Contributor
Would it be possible to get this option for ipv6 ?
2ZoInJe.png

and a way to have ula adresses or whatever its called bassicly a static ipv6 range just like ipv4 has static range for example 192.168.50.2 - 192.168.50.254 ?

currently router is setting dns to router it self with ipv6 while with ipv4 it does not due that setting i just linked.
if already possible how do i set this up i do know my way around shell

Thanks
i made it with setting it to pihole link local adress that everyone claims wont work but pings just fine from my machine that never changes.

Using Hurricane Electric 6in4 IPv6 tunnel with the scripts from https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/IPv6-tunnelling to sign me in. Was not even aware that some had issues with using Pihole (and Unbound) in the set-up!

The problem is the router firmware ignores custom IPv6 DNS servers and distributes it's own IPv6 address as a DNS server, allowing devices to bypass the pi-hole. You have to use a dnsmasq postconf script to force it to set the IPv6 address of the pi-hole device as DNS.

This is with native IPv6 from the ISP.

I use the link local address for my pi-hole and it works fine.

Think it does not work unless your gateway is also a link local adress, while those routers running with ipam or whatever its called use ipam address as gateway, im not sure if you could setup more then one gateway

The problem is the router firmware ignores custom IPv6 DNS servers and distributes it's own IPv6 address as a DNS server, allowing devices to bypass the pi-hole. You have to use a dnsmasq postconf script to force it to set the IPv6 address of the pi-hole device as DNS.

This is with native IPv6 from the ISP.
Okay, so some investigation... Yes the router is identifying itself as the system DNS server. However, and this may be because I'm using 6in4 tunnelling, but the router is then directing those queries to the Pi-Hole. That's probably one more hop than is ideal, but for now, it's probably a trade-off I'm willing to accept!
screencapture-raspi2-admin-index-php-2021-12-14-19_18_53.gif

Is it possible to make router act like ipam gateway ipv6 as well while handing out ipam adresses to a certain range ? via dnsmasq.conf.add ? while also giving out non ipam ipv6 ip's ?