What's new

Is it possible to turn off the wan port led on asuswrt?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StrikerXXX

Occasional Visitor
Is it possible to turn off the wan connection LED on the router? My ac68u is in dynamic mode, my ont is doing the routing, the difference is that I'm not connecting it to the ac68u's wan port, I'm using the lan1 port for it to receive the internet, the dhcp is disabled and I put its IP in the same ont range. It has IP 192.168.18.1, the ont's DHCP starts from 192.168.18.5, leaving the first 4 IPs free.

The ac68u has the ip 192.168.18.4. As the wan port is not being used, it is in red and I find it really ugly, all the others are in blue and it is in red, does anyone know if it is possible to turn off this specific LED through the terminal?

There's no such thing as "dynamic mode". Why don't you put your RT-AC68U in Access Point(AP) mode?

Is it possible to turn off the wan connection LED on the router?

If you keep your current configuration, put a dot of black electrical tape over it and forget about it.

OE

Last edited:
If you keep your current configuration, put a dot of black electrical tape over it and forget about it.

OE

Where my mom lives the cable comes into the 2nd floor bedroom and she is very sensitive to lights at night. I have about 20 pieces of electrical tape covering port LEDs, front panel LEDs, computer LEDs, even her computer's speakers 😄

The Arris S33 cable modem allows you to disable the huge front panel light under "normal conditions" but the ISP does maintenance overnight and it lights up like a christmas tree when there is an outage or it reboots, so still have to cover them (and the port LEDs on the back too). You can just barely see the lights through the tape if you look close so can still get status. If I don't do that she drapes stuff over the hardware and overheats it.

Low tech is sometimes the best tech.

I'm still pissed that when her D3.0 modem died (likely from being covered to block the lights) a few weeks ago we had to buy the S33 for her 200 meg internet service, they will not allow you to register a new D3.0 modem. Double the price for nothing.

Is it possible to turn off the wan connection LED on the router? My ac68u is in dynamic mode, my ont is doing the routing, the difference is that I'm not connecting it to the ac68u's wan port, I'm using the lan1 port for it to receive the internet, the dhcp is disabled and I put its IP in the same ont range. It has IP 192.168.18.1, the ont's DHCP starts from 192.168.18.5, leaving the first 4 IPs free.

The ac68u has the ip 192.168.18.4. As the wan port is not being used, it is in red and I find it really ugly, all the others are in blue and it is in red, does anyone know if it is possible to turn off this specific LED through the terminal?
Yes, it is.

When you are going to realize Amazon links posted here work for people in the USA only? Everyone else outside of the USA is getting transferred to corresponding local Amazon site and often what you wanted to show is seen as completely different item. It's useless.

On this occasion it does give the same item on Amazon UK *Random idea of what I wanted it to link to deleted as NSFW*

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!