What's new

Is it recommended to disable "Large Send Offload"?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

What are your thoughts about this?

I keep seeing articles on the web that it is advisable to disable it

There is no single answer to that question. It depends on the network adapter in question, the system it's plugged in to and the software being used.

That said, it's not normally something the end user needs to care about.

There is no single answer to that question. It depends on the network adapter in question, the system it's plugged in to and the software being used.

That said, it's not normally something the end user needs to care about.
Well my laptop is connected via LAN and it has a Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family controller as it shows in device manager.

As for the software, just a casual user using Chrome, Firefox, MS Office, hide.me for my VPN

Well my laptop is connected via LAN and it has a Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family controller as it shows in device manager.

As for the software, just a casual user using Chrome, Firefox, MS Office, hide.me for my VPN
Then I can't see why you'd care about this setting, unless there's some specific issue that you're trying to fix. The default values in the driver should be sufficient.