What's new

WIFI router with 5g failover

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kurtb

New Around Here
HI guys,

I'm a small business owner that was recently shut down with an ATT outage. Its been recommended that I add comcast as a backup Internet provider but I feel there's still a remote possibility that they both go down. What's a good SMB wifi router that would work with say Tmobile 5g sim card as failover network? When ATT went down we lost or credit card terminals, access to order from our suppliers (web based).

What's everyone's thoughts on this or some other solution?

Cellular will go down if a storm rolls through, fiber gets cut, equipment at the tower goes down. Personally If it was me, I would look at the bigger picture not smaller one. Get a policy rider that covers your losses due to cyber interruption.

Welcome to the forums @kurtb.

The most bulletproof solution is to have a manual method (paper and pen) to collect payment information and process it when services are up.

Depending on what you're selling (the $$$$), you may be better off suspending sales at that point.

Access to ordering from your suppliers should be telephone/person-based. With web-based options a distant third choice. Again, this depends on the nature of your business. If web access is interrupted for you, chances are it is interrupted for them too.

Having options where the core issue, isn't one, is the best option in dire situations like these.

Even 'connection pro' won't work when the broader impact is anything like post 2 suggests.

Not sure what manual method means, but I have offline POS terminals. @kurtb, check for options around you.

We order supplies from ULINE and the only way is online. No CS is going to spend 30min on the phone for a list of 100+ items.

I'm a small business owner that was recently shut down with an ATT outage. Its been recommended that I add comcast as a backup Internet provider but I feel there's still a remote possibility that they both go down. What's a good SMB wifi router that would work with say Tmobile 5g sim card as failover network? When ATT went down we lost or credit card terminals, access to order from our suppliers (web based).

Unfortunately outages do happen...

Our office has ATT Business Fiber, and as part of the package, we have 4G Failover with their provided modem...

And that has worked more than a couple of times to keep the network up...

Should also note that the entire network stack is also on a UPS

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!