What's new

is Merlin's 378.56_2 firmware currently the most stable on AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freeza

New Around Here
Just upgraded from the AC66U to the AC68U and came across a few threads which mentioned 378.56_2 as being the most stable version to run because all the later ones have had stability issues on the AC68U.

I'm wondering if this is still the case, or is the latest alpha stable? I'm currently using jffs scripts to overclock to 1GHz with a CFE of 1.0.2.0. Am I also correct in assuming that you cannot overclock the RAM with the current CFE version? I've done nothing but reading the past few days to try and set my router up with the best performance and stability. Since I have around 20 clients connected, I cannot really afford to have unstable firmware, but do like to be updated.

TL;DR:
So, should I stick with 378.56_2 for the time being? Also, can I overclock the RAM to 800MHz with the current CFE? Thanks guys.

378.56_2 = was very stable for me
380.57 = Stable with know issue for the 2.4ghz with NAT disable ( if you dont need QoS,Ip trafic or something that can
disable NAT, its a good one)
380.58 =Stable for me the time a was on it ( 12 days)(2.4 ghz and Nat issues solved)
380.59 Alpha 1 = 3 days uptime and nothing to report

For your overclock ..... I dont know sorry ! :)
thank you for your feedback! I'll more than likely upgrade.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!