What's new

[ISSUE] RT-AC68U - Both wireless radios frequently disable.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Devante

Occasional Visitor
Hey everyone.

I have this issue where my both 2.4 and 5 Ghz radios disable multiple times throughout the day.

I've been using the same version of Merlin for... well years really. Then the other day I noticed the wireless was disabled and have been dealing with it ever since.
I've tried updating firmware to 386.3_2.

I've tried power cycling.

I've tried leaving only one radio on, except enabling one will enable the other after a few seconds.

The only thing I haven't tried is going to the official firmware.

I'm not losing internet because all of my wired devices still work.

My wireless settings are below.

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• Settings.PNG
    Settings.PNG
    332 KB · Views: 120
Two most likely reasons are someone is pressing the Wifi physical switch on your router, or you have a wireless scheduler configured.

Two most likely reasons are someone is pressing the Wifi physical switch on your router, or you have a wireless scheduler configured.
Hey, thanks for the reply.

This router does not have a Wi-Fi physical switch and my wireless schedule has never been set. The settings I posted show this if you want to look at it for anything I might have set incorrectly.

And again, I haven't touched the settings nor firmware in a couple of years.

Thanks for any more advice!

And again, I haven't touched the settings nor firmware in a couple of years.

And yet you are on the latest Asuswrt-Merlin firmware... maybe a reset to the firmware defaults settings and a fresh config would help.

OE

One thing that happend a lond time ago was lack of nvram. That created all sorts of havoc on my AC68u. I created a static.lease file and that alone helped alot in clearing out some of the nvram.