What's new

Issue with iOS devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

I'm having a strange issue. I have 1 5300 acting as the main router & 3 5300 nodes. The problem is all my other devices are working but the IOS devices seem to be connected but internet connectivity isn't working until I toggle either wifi or airplane mode. Is there a certain setting such as MMIO or Airtime fairness or anything in professional that doesn't work correctly with IOS devices. I have a ton of wifi devices and its only my IOS devices giving me problems.

After upgrading/updating the firmware of your AC5300 you need to reconfigure the connection on your iOS devices. Apple stores some undocumented "goodies" that cause trouble after upgrading/updating the router firmware. ( reset network settings and make a new connection with your router). the same is applicable to NEST products.

So actually what seems to have resolved the problem is switching the nodes to Stock firmware & not use Merlin's build on them. I also notice the GUI changes if I use stock for the nodes and the option under management Back Haul Connection priority changes allowing for 5G Wifi1 First / & 1G Wan first. When I use merlins firmware on the nodes the option 5G Wifi1 first isn't there only 1G Wan First is present.