What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i have another noob question. i have activated "force HTTPS"... now i'm unable to login inside the router. do you know how to connect and how to disable that setting using telnet? Thank You

NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED
Subject: www.routerlogin.net

edit: i have fixed it by log in from my Android phone and remove the flag.
To use https you use this address to access the router:
https://www.routerlogin.net/

The issue is (at least on R7800) that the https is configured to use a 3rd party certificate for www.routerlogin.net that has been revoked due to security reasons.
So in the current state, with most modern browsers, it is impossible to use https to connect to the GUI on R7800.

(Orbi might not have this issue, those might use a self-signed certificate.
(but also those could be rejected by your browser, depending on browser-settings / computer policies))
and R9000 I don't know)

So only options are: using telnet / ssh to disable the "force HTTPS" setting.
Or find a browser that does ignores the certificate revocation...

adding this to a cron job might do the trick:
Code:
curl -X GET 'https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update' --header "Authorization: Basic $(base64 <<< $username:$password)" -d "hostname=$hostname"
(replace $username, $password & $hostname with the appropriate settings)
Since base64 is only included as javascript, you can instead use ssl. E.g.:

Code:
hostname="kamoj.com"
username="myfine.r7800.router@my.mail"
password="123456"
REPLY="$(curl -X GET 'https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update' --header "Authorization: Basic $(echo "$username:$password"|openssl enc -base64 -e)" -d "hostname=$hostname")"
rcode="$(echo "$REPLY"|cut -d" " -f1)"
if [ "$rcode" = "good" ] || [ "$rcode" = "nochg" ]; then
   echo "SUCCESS: $REPLY"
else
   echo "ERROR: $REPLY"
fi

adding this to a cron job might do the trick:
Code:
curl -X GET 'https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update' --header "Authorization: Basic $(base64 <<< $username:$password)" -d "hostname=$hostname"
(replace $username, $password & $hostname with the appropriate settings)
Thank you Hello_wORLD and R.Gerrits for the information on updating DDNS via the api and triggered by a cron job. Can't believe I didn't think of trying this on my R9000, as it is exactly what I do on a PiHole device on my other network.

I put the api update format supplied by my DDNS provider into one of the Kamoj Settings cron job slots... and it works perfectly.

BL

I have had a problem with the wireless connection on my R7800. With the vpn connected and some devices on bypass.Two of the bypass devices lost the internet connection to some sites saying no internet connection. but worked ok on others.Disconnecting the vpn and the devices worked fine on all sites.
Looking at the devices list in the Kamoj bypass menu I see one of the devices has two ip adresses 192.168.1.14 and 192.168.1.17.One in the vpn and one in the bypass .
I have now reserved the ip adresses for these devices.

I have had a problem with the wireless connection on my R7800. With the vpn connected and some devices on bypass.Two of the bypass devices lost the internet connection to some sites saying no internet connection. but worked ok on others.Disconnecting the vpn and the devices worked fine on all sites.
Looking at the devices list in the Kamoj bypass menu I see one of the devices has two ip adresses 192.168.1.14 and 192.168.1.17.One in the vpn and one in the bypass .
I have now reserved the ip adresses for these devices.
Thank you for bringing this issue up, since it's very important!
The IP Reservation is based on MAC address.

The add-on looks up the MAC-address for the IP when adding it to bypassing.
This is since it should work for normal non-high-tech users with normal DHCP,
i.e. devices might change IP each time it's connected (unless reserved).
The add-on supervise the devices every 11th second and tries to sort out changes.
This has also been the best way to keep track of devices for blocking (think parental control) or bypassing.
If you now have a device that changes MAC-address (iPhone with option on e.g.), there might be a number of problems.
Both with Netgear/Voxel FW and the add-on.

One is that it might lead to extra usage of the router nvram every time a device with new MAC-address is connected,
though shortening the routers life.

In the add-on Router Information you can see the time stamp of the nvram configuration (MTD NVRAM Usage (Used/Total)).
It should normally not change, unless you do some manual change to the router settings!
Please check it out and report back - everyone e.g. using one of these Apple beasts!

(The bypassing itself is based upon IP-address filtering, so the VPN Bypassing "ip rule show" will always show you the really bypassed devices)

Last edited:
Your spot on @Kamoj,the devices are an apple i pad and an i phone. There are 3 I phones connected to my network and its always the same one and the i pad that has the problem.
On checking the ip rule it shows correctly the devices that are bypassed.Also checking the ip location of the i phone shows the correct location of my isp provider.
If I put the vpn on the phone and turn it on the phone loads the internet sites that said no network.
I will check the nvram settings.
nvram settings 10.6 % 41523 / 393216 bytes. MTD Block:mtd11 ("config" 1179648 bytes) Type:nand. Items:1409. Timestamp: 2021-04-03 10:18:02

Hello,

Everything continues to work nicely on my R9000 with 5.4b25, although I do hit 90% memory use at times when running AdGuard and Transmission. But temperatures and CPU loads stay OK and eventually memory use goes back down.

With one exception, all the log views on the System Information page are working - including the dmesg log, which had not worked previously. I do get a "Content-type: text/html" message on the Voxel release info section. Perhaps that is just due to my slow connection as it had worked previously. I also thought the previous add-on had a "Kamoj release info" section, but it does not appear on 5.4b25, so maybe I am mistaken?

The internet connection and restart functions have been flawless for me on 5.4b25...kudos Kamoj!

Best wishes,
BL

Today for the first time (using the @kamoj add-on) I saw on the Router Information page that the NSS speed was 600 MHz (till now it was always 800 MHz. Is there a command that we can run from console to see the real time readings of the NSS cores frequency (like the Top command).

Hello,

Everything continues to work nicely on my R9000 with 5.4b25, although I do hit 90% memory use at times when running AdGuard and Transmission. But temperatures and CPU loads stay OK and eventually memory use goes back down.

With one exception, all the log views on the System Information page are working - including the dmesg log, which had not worked previously. I do get a "Content-type: text/html" message on the Voxel release info section. Perhaps that is just due to my slow connection as it had worked previously. I also thought the previous add-on had a "Kamoj release info" section, but it does not appear on 5.4b25, so maybe I am mistaken?

The internet connection and restart functions have been flawless for me on 5.4b25...kudos Kamoj!

Best wishes,
BL
:) Very observant of you!!!
So for next release I've prepared:

- System Information: Voxel release info:
Use kamoj_restart_long_ping_timeout (@blueliner)
Fixed "Content-type: text/html" (@blueliner)
- System Information: Netgear release info: Use kamoj_restart_long_ping_timeout (@blueliner)
- System Information: Added: Aegis release info
- System Information: Added: Kamoj release info (@blueliner)
- System Information: Added: Kamoj FAQ.txt

Today for the first time (using the @kamoj add-on) I saw on the Router Information page that the NSS speed was 600 MHz (till now it was always 800 MHz. Is there a command that we can run from console to see the real time readings of the NSS cores frequency (like the Top command).
Code:
while :;do cat /proc/sys/dev/nss/clock/current_freq; dmesg | awk '/Frequency Set to/ {print $NF/1000000" MHz"}' | tail -n1;sleep 3;done

Thanks @kamoj. I have upgraded my R7800 AP device to use the add-on to 5.4b25 running on Voxel snapshot V1.0.2.83.2SF.

Configured settings to enable both "Supervise WiFi" + "Supervise WiFi activity" and rebooted.

Will keep you posted if I notice a wlan restart had been triggered.

The AP Stats, Netgear release info, Voxel release info, Ookla Speed Test functions are working fine on the System Information page.

Code:
while :;do cat /proc/sys/dev/nss/clock/current_freq; dmesg | awk '/Frequency Set to/ {print $NF/1000000" MHz"}' | tail -n1;sleep 3;done
Works nicely. Can you add a shorter command to run the above code (something like NSS2 maybe) similar to Top2 in your add-on.

Hi
I have 2 questions what does supervise wifi function do? And also how do I setup my router to reboot after long ping timeout?

Best Regards Hannez

Hi
I have 2 questions what does supervise wifi function do? And also how do I setup my router to reboot after long ping timeout?

Best Regards Hannez
"Supervise WiFi" checks that the Radios HW are switched on when they should, and also recreates device interfaces if lost.

"Supervise WiFi activity" checks that both WiFi bands have at least 1 byte of traffic per minute, or else both radios will be restarted.
(Warning: Note that if you e.g. have no 2.4 GHz client, both radios will be restarted every minute...)
Function specially made for a specific users needs, hence the warning.

In settings, select: "Reboot router if Internet is down."

Hello Guys, i'm still do not have an explanation why so much ram is used on my router and it seems slowly increasing day by day.

1617874476711.png

adguard is using default settings.

tnx to have a look

Attachments

• top - ps.txt
    37.7 KB · Views: 97

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!