1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by kamoj, Dec 14, 2019.

1. NetBytes

NetBytes Regular Contributor

In fact they are probably both right, just different measures of the 'business' of the router.
    I was just confirming that I also had an average of 4 and nothing more.
    Much love for @kamoj's addon.

HELLO_wORLD and kamoj like this.
  2. wildfirebill

wildfirebill New Around Here

Great add-on makes installing the vpn easy as 1,2,3 done lol

kamoj likes this.
  3. Jdub1

Jdub1 New Around Here

Hi Kamoji,
    I'd like to try the latest beta, can I get a link pls? Thanks!

4. eevanskiteboards

eevanskiteboards Occasional Visitor

hello,

I had to factory reset(dnscrypt was working fine for many months) my R7800 recently and I am trying to find out why dnscrypt is not working for me after many attempts of reinstalling and configuring voxels firmware .77SF and this amazing add-on. When i go to enable dnscrpyt setting the gui reverts to "none" and dns leak tests confirm this. Is there something that i am missing? Thanks

pic for reference if it helps

https://ibb.co/TPyYnsB

5. kamoj

kamoj Very Senior Member

Thank you, and extra thanks for the picture.:)

I don't know what issue you got into. DNSCrypt has changed a lot lately. Voxel firmware has changed a lot too.
    If you are interested in testing the beta 5.3 you can PM me, or first have a look what it is about here:
    https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/

6. Droidrat

Droidrat Regular Contributor

When you click on Dnscrypt v2, does a black dot appear momentarily and then immediately revert to "None"?

If yes, go to the Kamoj "Settings" page. Click on any of the check boxes (at the top). Do the check marks "stick" or do they appear momentarily and then disappear? Next, scroll down a bit (still on the Settings page) and click on the "Show" button next to "WiFi info" (or actually on ANY of the "show" buttons). What happens?

7. eevanskiteboards

Hello and thank you for you response

When you click on Dnscrypt v2, does a black dot appear momentarily and then immediately revert to "None"?
    Yes

If yes, go to the Kamoj "Settings" page. Click on any of the check boxes (at the top). Do the check marks "stick" or do they appear momentarily and then disappear?
    Yes they stick

Next, scroll down a bit (still on the Settings page) and click on the "Show" button next to "WiFi info" (or actually on ANY of the "show" buttons). What happens?[/QUOTE]
    I select the button called "run" and it shows some info such as
    2020-06-11 15:57:08
    ###2.4G###
    Unknown 34:6f:92:09:f8:9c 56Mbps -34dBm

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  8. Droidrat

I wish that I had a solution for you. I have the same issue (which you can read about in the beta thread). @kamoj has made several attempts to fix it, but none has been successful. He indicated that I was the only one who reported it. Now I can advise that I am NOT the only one to have experienced this. That is of particular comfort to me. ;-)

In the beta builds, two of the Kamoj pages work fine, Router Information and Bandwidth. All of the other pages have functions that don't work for me (though they work for Kamoj and others). It appears that the Kamoj pages may need to inherit user validation from the @Voxel firmware, and it either isn't being sent and or isn't being recognized as received. That is just a guess on my part, of course.

One evening, I got everything to work for 4 hours (it either all works or it doesn't; there is no middle ground). And then, without my making any changes whatsoever, the problematic Kamoj pages stopped working. I assume that there is a 4-hour timer that killed it, but I don't know what it is.

When you did a factory reset, did you upgrade the firmware at the same time? If yes, what was the most recent Voxel firmware that played nice with the Kamoj add-on? Have you tried to revert to it?

How did you do the factory reset? Physically (the button on the back of the router)? Via the NG/Voxel firmware? Or via Telnet commands?

9. R. Gerrits

R. Gerrits Regular Contributor

If I read the response of @eevanskiteboards, then my conclusion is that he has a different issue (his checkboxes do stick, and his wifi info button does work).
    So you still seem to be the only one with the issue.

10. eevanskiteboards

hey

When you did a factory reset, did you upgrade the firmware at the same time? If yes, what was the most recent Voxel firmware that played nice with the Kamoj add-on? Have you tried to revert to it?
    I have not tried to revert it to a previous voxel firmware. I must have factory reverted it many times with the small button behind router and through the GUI(long story short my internet was not working and i was losing my mind, so i tried everything many times. It turned out that xfinity had to come to my house and replace the cable outside my house). I have been on .77SF for about a week now

How did you do the factory reset? Physically (the button on the back of the router)? Via the NG/Voxel firmware? Or via Telnet commands?[/QUOTE]
    Through GUI and button, not through telnet

I am going to try the beta 5.3 shortly to see if that fixes it. If not, then i will just have to deal with no dnscrypt until a fix comes around

regardless i am very thankful for this forum and firmware

KW. likes this.
  11. Droidrat

I don't believe you read the response of @eevanskiteboards correctly, at least not as to his first answer re: Dnscrypt v2. I agree that his results on the Settings page are consistent with what should be expected (while mine are not).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  12. Fanek

Fanek New Around Here

Hi Kamoj,

Can you add me for beta testing, please?
    I've got R7800 and would like to test your latest add-on - it looks really great.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Fanek