What's new

Kamoj Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Found it!

Found post in myopenrouter about Voxel firmware that listed location " /etc/openvpn/config/client"

Quick rm * from Telnet killed all the profile and all is well. :)

@kamoj Here's an interesting one. When I use your router menu to look up the router information, somehow it is set at 1 second and auto refresh. I cannot untick the box nor change the time (clicking OK does nothing).

How can I turn off auto refresh or make the time interval longer to actual see the information?

I would also like to increase the fan speed in my router as I am noticing that the temperature is hovering above 70C. When I try to adjust the thermal fan settings in your menu, I get the following error:

400 Bad Request
This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

Any ideas on this as well?

Thanks for the help, as always!

From router shell/command prompt:

Code:
nvram unset kamoj_router_info_autorefresh_onoff
nvram set kamoj_router_info_autorefresh_time=20
nvram commit

About the fan setting:
(I don't have an R9000, and this issue is only for that router). To solve it:
Uninstall the add-on and set fan speed. Then install add-on again - if you still use it.
You need to reboot but no settings are lost.

Or you can apply for add-on beta testing:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/

Reactions: KW.
@kamoj The fan speed setting is included with the beta? I'll apply in the linked thread.

Just FYI, I am using two, R7800s.

Last edited:
You might add some text to the FAN setting that this feature is only supported on the R9000.

We know, however it would be good to inform the users of your add-on on the featured web page that this is only supported on the R9000. ;) Regardless if the code is in the 7800 or not.

I don't even know if the fan control code works for the R9000. Does it?
Oh, and there is some QoS form(s) that only work on the R7800 as well I guess.
O'' put those on the ToDo-list!
So thank you for your feed back!
We know, however it would be good to inform the users of your add-on on the featured web page that this is only supported on the R9000. ;) Regardless if the code is in the 7800 or not.

Reactions: KW.
I remember Voxel and someone else talking about the fan on the R9000. Voxel did mention his seem to work if he force triggered it. I believe it does. Regardless, just a text edit to the web page noting to users that it's not supported on the R7800 should suffice. Since most of us know that there isn't a physical FAN built in to the R7800. ;)

I miss you sometimes @kamoj . The more bugs the more contact. Your work is so great its no bug to find for me.

But I have been working allot, and working allot from my home with things that I believe is important. I feel my own home is relatively secure, more then allot of my coworkers.

I have my children growing up in Corona-times. They watch there things. Talk about monster or trolls that been showing up. Sometimes a bit scary, but never they talk about the product from the latest commercial. Thank you so much for helping me been able to in some way gain some control in the predator world that internet is, and thank you for feeling safe making my livelihood this exceptional times of world history.

More than thanks to be able to at least in some way protect my children from the commercial interest that try to steal my childs mind from what I think right or wrong is key for a good start in life. For that I can never thank you Kamoj and Voxel enough.

When I see my children watch the things they need to relax from the physics and demands of life as anybody else. And when I do my serious stuff with the best resolution I think of you guys. What f heroes and I am sure you do not even think about that way. But the fruit of your work is just that.

Interesting!
I'm interested in this R9000 fan information!
Could you please (or @Voxel himself) describe the issue and solution?
I remember Voxel and someone else talking about the fan on the R9000. Voxel did mention his seem to work if he force triggered it. I believe it does. Regardless, just a text edit to the web page noting to users that it's not supported on the R7800 should suffice. Since most of us know that there isn't a physical FAN built in to the R7800. ;)

Don't worry too much! :cool:
The next add-on beta version will contain many changes (1+ month) and therefor also new bugs!:eek:
Thank you for your continuous support and encouragement. :)

I miss you sometimes @kamoj . The more bugs the more contact. Your work is so great its no bug to find for me.

But I have been working allot, and working allot from my home with things that I believe is important. I feel my own home is relatively secure, more then allot of my coworkers.

I have my children growing up in Corona-times. They watch there things. Talk about monster or trolls that been showing up. Sometimes a bit scary, but never they talk about the product from the latest commercial. Thank you so much for helping me been able to in some way gain some control in the predator world that internet is, and thank you for feeling safe making my livelihood this exceptional times of world history.

More than thanks to be able to at least in some way protect my children from the commercial interest that try to steal my childs mind from what I think right or wrong is key for a good start in life. For that I can never thank you Kamoj and Voxel enough.

When I see my children watch the things they need to relax from the physics and demands of life as anybody else. And when I do my serious stuff with the best resolution I think of you guys. What f heroes and I am sure you do not even think about that way. But the fruit of your work is just that.

Hi

I loaded this add-on a while back (Kamoj Add-on V5.2b2-4) and wondered how up to date it was, since the OP download link doesn't seem to mention version info. (Or else I'm missing the right decoder ring).
Then a few posts backs I saw mention of a 5.1 beta, so that got me a bit nervous since I'm running 5.2!

What's the current (stable) version please?

Since you are a beta tester I suggest that 5.3b30 is most stable.
I would say the "christmas" OP release is 5.0beta if anything even though the topic says only v5.
PS
You can find info about beta development here:
http://www.voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/Kamoj/

Hi

I loaded this add-on a while back (Kamoj Add-on V5.2b2-4) and wondered how up to date it was, since the OP download link doesn't seem to mention version info. (Or else I'm missing the right decoder ring).
Then a few posts backs I saw mention of a 5.1 beta, so that got me a bit nervous since I'm running 5.2!

What's the current (stable) version please?

Hello Kamoj, can i have a link to the latest stable version?
I already have a second r7800 router. The first one fell a week after the purchase on the original software. Soft Voxela and your add-on is the best :).
I have one problem in version 5.1 available on the site. After disconnecting the VPN client, the WAN LED turns red and does not go back to white (internet from the operator).
Sorry for my English.

Thank you for your kind words to me and @Voxel. We both appreciate it very much!
Your English is ok, no problem.

The WAN LED amber color is by design: If you use OpenVPN and then stop it it will remain amber until reboot.

The version here is 5.0beta, not v5.1.

If you want to join the "real beta test team" you should read here and follow instructions:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315
Hello Kamoj, can i have a link to the latest stable version?
I already have a second r7800 router. The first one fell a week after the purchase on the original software. Soft Voxela and your add-on is the best :).
I have one problem in version 5.1 available on the site. After disconnecting the VPN client, the WAN LED turns red and does not go back to white (internet from the operator).
Sorry for my English.

I'm using v5 with V1.0.2.80SF, trying to setup a scheduled reboot with a Cron job from the Kamoj settings menu.

I check #1 "On", in "When" enter "0 4 * * 3" (weekly reboot on Wed), in "Command" enter "reboot", then click OK.

The page refreshes and the #1 line is blank. I'm assuming it's not taking. Similarly, if I check HDD Spindown "On" and click OK, it doesn't show as "On" when the page refreshes.

Any solution for this?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!