What's new

Kamoj Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

First; Thank you very much for your likes, support and using my add-on!
That (and @Voxel) is why I keep releasing this.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience though!:oops:

I know there are bugs like missing and miss-placed tags in the html-code.:(
You are free to debug them or tell me where I can test my html-code better.
I'm sure there are tons of lurking web-coders out there, much more skilled than me, that "code" help!

Please, let us all help together. :)

Disclaimer:
I'm just an elder "happy amateur" trying to learn html/javascript/css/json/ajax etc to get this working.
I've not yet learned (and will never do...) how to get it work on all different browsers and versions of them.

It should be noted that I'm on macOS Catalina.
I've tried Firefox v73.0.1 / Firefox @ private window / Safari v13.0.5 (15608.5.11) - it's all the same, the settings page doesn't accept changes.

Hello Guys, sorry maybe noob question. i have updated new .2 Voxel firmware and reinstalled kamoj addon. i'm not seeing the add in advance setting. am i doing something wrong? on the previous version it was working fine. thank you

You uninstalled previous kamoj add-on first?
What router do you have?
Hello Guys, sorry maybe noob question. i have updated new .2 Voxel firmware and reinstalled kamoj addon. i'm not seeing the add in advance setting. am i doing something wrong? on the previous version it was working fine. thank you

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for the addon but I have an issue with it on R9000/fw v. 1.0.4.38HF. It's impossible to change anything on the Kamoj Menu / Settings page. When I select some option the page just reloads and nothing actually changes.

I see the same thing on a R7800 running Voxel 1.0.2.74 when using Firefox on Windows.

I don't use spyware Chrome.

There are other Chromium-based browsers that are largely compatible with Chrome, but with improved privacy. For example Brave, or the new Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge.

With that said, I still see the issue intermittently when using Chrome, Brave and Edge. Often the page just reloads and the change doesn't persist. Same in private/incognito windows.

This is with a new install of the addon, no older versions had been installed on this router.

Last edited:
You unistalled previous kamoj add-on first?
What router do you have?
Hello sir. No I didn't. Router is 7800. As I told you previous upgrade were successful. What is the command to be used?

Edit. Fixed after removed and reinstall. Tnx Sir

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kamoj Addon: OpenVPN Bypass. Bypass the VPN tunnel for selected devices

please split tunneling port
example all traffic on the vpn
80 and 21 on my real ip
i have server on my pc

it's possible?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do that.:(
If you know how to do it, PM me, and I'll consider to look at it!:)
Kamoj Addon: OpenVPN Bypass. Bypass the VPN tunnel for selected devices

please split tunneling port
example all traffic on the vpn
80 and 21 on my real ip
i have server on my pc

it's possible?

Hello,

@kamoj , here is another wish easy to implement (custom ddns):

In /usr/sbin/net-wall you could add/insert:
Code:
# Run DDNS update
[ -x /opt/scripts/ddns-update.sh ] && /opt/scripts/ddns-update.sh

And from your Settings page, you could add a « Custom DDNS » section with a checkbox to enable/disable and a SCRIPT text box .
When the checkbox is enabled, it would create a ddns-update.sh file in /opt/scripts/ with whatever is in the text box. When the checkbox is disabled, it would simply delete the ddns-update.sh file.
Here is an example of what a user would put in the text box:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# register my IP to Dynu DDNS
URL="http://api.dynu.com/nic/update"
HOSTNAME="domain.net"
PASSWORD="PASSWORD_PLAINorMD5HASH"
IPV4=$(wget -O - -q http://myip.dnsomatic.com/)
IPV6="no"

wget -qO /dev/null "$URL?hostname=$HOSTNAME&myip=$IPV4&myipv6=$IPV6&password=$PASSWORD"

I use that and it works, however, it would be useful to add that in your plugin to avoid to telnet into the router. It still requires some knowledge for users to write the script, but already a step forward. It could easily be made more user-friendly by adding a scroll-down menu to choose provider, etc...

What do you think?

Last edited:
Thank you for the tip, and also for even providing an example of solution!!!:)
I'll put the idea on the todo-list.
At the moment I don't have the time, and is just trying to make a new release of the add-on.
Hello,

@kamoj , here is another wish easy to implement (custom ddns):

In /usr/sbin/net-wall you could add/insert:
Code:
# Run DDNS update
[ -x /opt/scripts/ddns-update.sh ] && /opt/scripts/ddns-update.sh

And from your Settings page, you could add a « Custom DDNS » section with a checkbox to enable/disable and a SCRIPT text box .
When the checkbox is enabled, it would create a ddns-update.sh file in /opt/scripts/ with whatever is in the text box. When the checkbox is disabled, it would simply delete the ddns-update.sh file.
Here is an example of what a user would put in the text box:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# register my IP to Dynu DDNS
URL="http://api.dynu.com/nic/update"
HOSTNAME="domain.net"
PASSWORD="PASSWORD_PLAINorMD5HASH"
IPV4=$(wget -O - -q http://myip.dnsomatic.com/)
IPV6="no"

wget -qO /dev/null "$URL?hostname=$HOSTNAME&myip=$IPV4&myipv6=$IPV6&password=$PASSWORD"

I use that and it works, however, it would be useful to add that in your plugin to avoid to telnet into the router. It still requires some knowledge for users to write the script, but already a step forward. It could easily be made more user-friendly by adding a scroll-down menu to choose provider, etc...

What do you think?

Last edited:
Feature request: I'd like to have the option to restrict Internet access for a specific device, e.g. Internet will cut off at a certain time...

Thank you for a good suggestion. Will consider that. Added to todo-list.

Meanwhile you can try accomplish this with the cron jobs at the Kamoj settings page:

Example to switch off ip 192.168.1.111 every day att 22:00, and on again 08:00 in the morning:

Go to http://www.routerlogin.net/addon_settings.htm

Cron jobs:
#1: Check "On"
When:00 22 * * *
Command:echo "iptables -I OUTPUT -j DROP -d 192.168.1.111" >>/opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh;chmod +x /opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh; net-wall restart
Press Ok
#2: Check "On"
When:00 08 * * *
Command:sed -i '/iptables -I OUTPUT -j DROP -d 192.168.1.111/d' /opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh; net-wall restart
Press Ok

For examples of how to set the time:
https://crontab.guru/examples.html

Let us know if this is working.

NOTA BENE:
There is a bug in the GUI not showing that the checkbox for cron job #2 and #3 is checked/ticked.
But it's working if you follow the instructon above (Check "on" before pressing "Ok").
To correct the bug issue these commands from the router command line:

Code:
sed -i "s/cron2_onoff_value === '2'/cron2_onoff_value === '1'/g" /www/addon_settings.htm
sed -i "s/cron3_onoff_value === '3'/cron3_onoff_value === '1'/g" /www/addon_settings.htm

Feature request: I'd like to have the option to restrict Internet access for a specific device, e.g. Internet will cut off at a certain time...

Last edited:
Quick question: [SOLVED]
I would like to mess around with dnsmasq on the router and use it instead of my Synology DNS Server for my local network as well as adblocking (I am using stubby on the router, and ad-blocking rules on my dns server on the Synology).
I see 2 conf files on the router in /etc/dnsmasq.conf and /tmp/dnsmasq.conf. [EDIT: they are the same file, one being a symlink]
When I manually change this file to add a line to use my additional conf file for my tests (like
conf-file=/usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.extra.conf), when I reboot the router, the dnsmasq.conf file does not have my changes anymore.
I noticed that this file is overwritten automatically when changes are made in DNS Privacy and Adblocking via the Kamoj plugin.
How can I use an additional personal conf file for dnsmasq?
[EDIT] /etc/dnsmasq-resolv.conf is the original conf file used as a template, so any changes made to this file will be applied to /tmp/dnsmasq.conf
Additionally, how to restart dnsmasq without rebooting the router?
[EDIT] /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart

Furthermore, using dnsmasq for adblocking (as I intend to try) would allow to do adblocking not just with dnscrypt but also with stubby or "none" and could then be implemented in the Addon. Here is how it can be done: https://lowendbox.com/blog/host-your-own-dns-now-with-100-more-ad-block/

Last edited:
Question regarding DNS Privacy and Ad-Blocking Kamoj menu. Do i need to activate DnsCrypt v2 as encryption to be able to using DnsCrypt 2 Ad-blocking in the Kamoj menu?

Also does enabling Dnscrypt v2 as encryption automatically enable Mybase blacklist? Do i still need to select it below in ad-blocking as blacklist filer?

On restarting the router this shows in the logfile:
[2020-03-06 17:34:45] [NOTICE] dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.39
[2020-03-06 17:34:45] [NOTICE] Network connectivity detected
[2020-03-06 17:34:45] [INFO] Source [public-resolvers] loading from URL [https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-resolvers/master/v2/public-resolvers.md]
[2020-03-06 17:34:48] [NOTICE] Source [public-resolvers] loaded
[2020-03-06 17:34:48] [INFO] Source [relays] loading from URL [https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-resolvers/master/v2/relays.md]
[2020-03-06 17:34:49] [NOTICE] Source [relays] loaded
[2020-03-06 17:34:49] [NOTICE] Firefox workaround initialized
[2020-03-06 17:34:49] [NOTICE] Loading the set of blocking rules from [/etc/blacklist.txt]
[2020-03-06 17:34:51] [NOTICE] dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.39
[2020-03-06 17:34:51] [NOTICE] Network connectivity detected
[2020-03-06 17:34:51] [NOTICE] Source [public-resolvers] loaded
[2020-03-06 17:34:51] [NOTICE] Source [relays] loaded
[2020-03-06 17:34:51] [NOTICE] Firefox workaround initialized
[2020-03-06 17:34:51] [NOTICE] Loading the set of blocking rules from [/etc/blacklist.txt]
[2020-03-06 17:34:53] [NOTICE] Now listening to 127.0.0.1:64153 [UDP]
[2020-03-06 17:34:53] [NOTICE] Now listening to 127.0.0.1:64153 [TCP]
[2020-03-06 17:34:53] [NOTICE] Now listening to [::1]:64153 [UDP]
[2020-03-06 17:34:53] [NOTICE] Now listening to [::1]:64153 [TCP]
[2020-03-06 17:34:54] [FATAL] listen udp 127.0.0.1:64153: bind: address already in use
[2020-03-06 17:34:54] [INFO] [cloudflare] TLS version: 304 - Protocol: h2 - Cipher suite: 4867
[2020-03-06 17:34:54] [NOTICE] [cloudflare] OK (DoH) - rtt: 26ms
[2020-03-06 17:34:54] [NOTICE] [dnscrypt.eu-nl] OK (DNSCrypt) - rtt: 144ms
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] [scaleway-fr] OK (DNSCrypt) - rtt: 165ms
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] [dnscrypt.eu-dk] OK (DNSCrypt) - rtt: 146ms
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] Sorted latencies:
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] - 26ms cloudflare
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] - 144ms dnscrypt.eu-nl
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] - 146ms dnscrypt.eu-dk
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] - 165ms scaleway-fr
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] Server with the lowest initial latency: cloudflare (rtt: 26ms)
[2020-03-06 17:34:55] [NOTICE] dnscrypt-proxy is ready - live servers: 4

[FATAL] listen udp 127.0.0.1:64153: bind: address already in use

Does this cause any problem?

• You need to activate "DNSCrypt Proxy v2" to use the "Dnscrypt 2 Ad-Blocking"
  • There is no automatic activation of Ad-Blocking providers.
  • To use Mybase:
    1. Acivate "DNSCrypt Proxy v2"
    2. Check the tick box for Mybase
    3. Submit
    4. If you want automatic update of Mybase database, then check "Auto Update Blacklists" and the Submit for that.
  • I don't know about your error message. Ask in a Dnscrypt 2 forum please. (I don't have any errors when using Mybase.)
Thank you for using my add-on.
Have a nice day.

Question regarding DNS Privacy and Ad-Blocking Kamoj menu. Do i need to activate DnsCrypt v2 as encryption to be able to using DnsCrypt 2 Ad-blocking in the Kamoj menu?

Also does enabling Dnscrypt v2 as encryption automatically enable Mybase blacklist? Do i still need to select it below in ad-blocking as blacklist filer?

Last edited:

You have the same problem like me. The error caused the blacklist.txt unable to read, and it can not filter the blacklist. You have to reboot or wait for hours for it to re-enable; there is no command as I know can restart the dnscrypt-proxy without a reboot. From my experience, the error is from the changing blacklist option without turning it off first. In my case, there are some steps to modify blacklist when dnscrypt is running: turn it off (choose option None) -> choose your option -> click Submit -> click Update Now! -> turn it on.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!