What's new

Kamoj Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When it's ready! :)

It will likely be sooner than ages away. :)

@kamoj any chances to have the option to select an MTU size = 1500 even on PPPoE ?
Nice if you have a modem which supports the so called baby jumbo frames...

If you are sure its working I'll do it.
So start by trying this by hand:
Code:
nvram set wan_pppoe_mtu=1500
nvram commit
reboot
Restore to default:
Code:
nvram set wan_pppoe_mtu=1492
nvram commit
reboot
@kamoj any chances to have the option to select an MTU size = 1500 even on PPPoE ?
Nice if you have a modem which supports the so called baby jumbo frames...

Hmm unfortunately it's not working: the max packet size I can send without fragmentation during ping is still 1464 and not 1472 as I would expect...
Not sure if the problem is the router or the modem... will try to understand...

Quick update: I've been playing with MTU and MRU values, but 1464 is the max packet size I can send while pinging :mad:
The modem is fine as it has been tested with an Asus router and Merlin firmware, and it definitely supports baby jumb frames, so no idea why the R7800 doesn't...:confused:

These are the mtu/mru values in my routers nvram:
Code:
root@R7800:/$ nvram show | grep -iE "mtu|mru" | sort
wan_dhcp_mtu=1500
wan_l2tp_mtu=1428
wan_mulppp_mtu=1454
wan_mulpppoe2_mtu=1454
wan_pppoe_mru=1492
wan_pppoe_mtu=1492
wan_pptp_mtu=1436
If you want help with this I really suggest you start your own topic to reach other forum members.

PS
Have you tried to?
Disable NSS Network SubSystem Accelerator for ipv4

Hi Kamoj,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts with the addon, I was using the Feb version up until tonight and it's a really great improvement!

One thing I've been investigating has been the QOS because I recently purchased some Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i wireless speakers for the house, and in the "Attached Devices" menu there is obviously nothing for wireless speakers. To get around this I did some investigation. I did some inspection through the browser and found:
  • /www/QOS_edit_devices.htm = iFrame page that lets you choose
  • /www/QOS_list_devices.htm = Page with the HTML that generates the list
  • /www/languages_en.js = File with the devices and their descriptions from about line 2325 under "qos_device"n
  • /www/streamboost.js = Another file with the devices and their descriptions line 809
  • /www/image/streamboost/ = directory path with these images including a bunch that have never been added to the list
Every single attempt I have made to add or modify the list items loaded from languages_en.js fails, including changing the name of say "blu-ray player" to "blu-ray playah". The only way I've been able to "hack" (for lack of a better word) it into doing what I want is replacing one of the existing working files' image reference to my desired one by overwriting it.

Where you come in, is i'm not asking you necessarily to make this work for me, but because you seem to have been able to override the default interface (I even unpacked your ipk and inspected your files but it didn't help me much) I want to know if you can help me by telling me what I'm doing wrong / what I could be doing differently to get it to work!

Thanks,
lateparty

Last edited:
I don't have the time to check this out.
I suggest you keep it simple. Parts of the code involved is a Netgear binary blob with no source code...
Just override another non-interesting device with same priority.
  • Change the device name in /www/languages_en.js
  • Change the devices picture (.jpg) in /www/image/streamboost/ (Keep same size and color depth)
  • reboot
Or follow this instruction:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-72sf.59894/page-9#post-525895

Hi Kamoj,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts with the addon, I was using the Feb version up until tonight and it's a really great improvement!

One thing I've been investigating has been the QOS because I recently purchased some Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i wireless speakers for the house, and in the "Attached Devices" menu there is obviously nothing for wireless speakers. To get around this I did some investigation. I did some inspection through the browser and found:
  • /www/QOS_edit_devices.htm = iFrame page that lets you choose
  • /www/QOS_list_devices.htm = Page with the HTML that generates the list
  • /www/languages_en.js = File with the devices and their descriptions from about line 2325 under "qos_device"n
  • /www/streamboost.js = Another file with the devices and their descriptions line 809
  • /www/image/streamboost/ = directory path with these images including a bunch that have never been added to the list
Every single attempt I have made to add or modify the list items loaded from languages_en.js fails, including changing the name of say "blu-ray player" to "blu-ray playah". The only way I've been able to "hack" (for lack of a better word) it into doing what I want is replacing one of the existing working files' image reference to my desired one by overwriting it.

Where you come in, is i'm not asking you necessarily to make this work for me, but because you seem to have been able to override the default interface (I even unpacked your ipk and inspected your files but it didn't help me much) I want to know if you can help me by telling me what I'm doing wrong / what I could be doing differently to get it to work!

Thanks,
lateparty

Kamoj I just want to thank you for a fantastic addon. Had some problems before in getting DNS-xrypt 2 to work. But I did a clean install with Voxels latest firmware and the fantastic setup with wireguard. After that also your addon work like a charm for me. Maybe it was something in my setup before.

I use DNS-crypt with your adblocker and my internet is super fast and my children dont have to be robbed of all their data and filled with commercials.

Thank you two! You are doing a fantastic and I think important job to take back some control over our own and our young ones data and experience.

Hi,
thanks for the addon but I have an issue with it on R9000/fw v. 1.0.4.38HF. It's impossible to change anything on the Kamoj Menu / Settings page. When I select some option the page just reloads and nothing actually changes.

Always go to the normal stock Netgear advanced page, and from there select the kamoj forms, please!
So start at page: http://www.routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm and then click Kamoj Menu / Settings.

If that is not working, try this:
  • Try another browser
  • Try "New Incognito Window" in the Google Chrome browser (Ctrl+Shift+N).
Please report back how you solved your issue!

Hi,
thanks for the addon but I have an issue with it on R9000/fw v. 1.0.4.38HF. It's impossible to change anything on the Kamoj Menu / Settings page. When I select some option the page just reloads and nothing actually changes.

Always go to the normal stock Netgear advanced page, and from there select the kamoj forms, please!
So start at page: http://www.routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm and then click Kamoj Menu / Settings.
I've done exactly as you describe it.
If that is not working, try this:
  • Try another browser
It should be noted that I'm on macOS Catalina.
I've tried Firefox v73.0.1 / Firefox @ private window / Safari v13.0.5 (15608.5.11) - it's all the same, the settings page doesn't accept changes.
  • Try "New Incognito Window" in the Google Chrome browser (Ctrl+Shift+N).
I don't use spyware Chrome.

I've had the same problem. It worked on chrome as Kamoj described it.

I've done exactly as you describe it.

It should be noted that I'm on macOS Catalina.
I've tried Firefox v73.0.1 / Firefox @ private window / Safari v13.0.5 (15608.5.11) - it's all the same, the settings page doesn't accept changes.

I don't use spyware Chrome.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!