What's new

latency wifi 5Ghz RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

R

router89

Hello,

Sorry in advance for my modest English.

I am having a problem with my Asus RT-AX88U router and the firmware Merlin 384.16.
When my smartphone is connected on the 5 Ghz band, my other smartphone also connected in 5 Ghz becomes slow/latency.

Is there a particular rule/settings to activate/modification to balance the bandwidth in 5 Ghz wifi ?

Best regards.

*Here is my current wifi configuration :

1586855171-1586818242-3.jpg

1586855166-1586818085-2.jpg

"formation de faiseaux 802.11.ac" =ON
"formation de faiseaux universelle"=OFF
But as you can see in my signature, I don't have an AX88U, so you must test and find your best settings.

Last edited:
"formation de faiseaux 802.11.ac" =ON
"formation de faiseaux universelle"=OFF
But as you can see in my signature, I don't have an AX88U, so you must test and find your best settings.

Thanks for your help.
After several tests, for my problem it is enough just only to deactivate "MU-MIMO" and everything works perfectly, I can navigate, watch videos at the same time on my two smartphones and more slowness, it is happiness !

I leave the other parameters by default because only "MU-MIMO" is effective. Thank you very much, it's perfect.

Hi, I experienced similar problems with 384.16 on the RT-AX88U with devices experiencing constant drop outs, poor signal and slow/erratic monitored speeds using internet speed tests. After a few days reverted back to 384.15 and everything is working again.

I incorrectly reported the issue on GitHub and was told that WiFi is closed source so ASUS themselves will have to address the issue

Thanks guys

Hi, I experienced similar problems with 384.16 on the RT-AX88U with devices experiencing constant drop outs, poor signal and slow/erratic monitored speeds using internet speed tests. After a few days reverted back to 384.15 and everything is working again.

I incorrectly reported the issue on GitHub and was told that WiFi is closed source so ASUS themselves will have to address the issue

Thanks guys

thank you.

Firmware 384.16 : disabling only "Multi-User MIMO" solved my slowness/drop outs/internet problem on wifi.

That's great to know that helped, should I try upgrade again to 384.16. I might wait for the next update to see if it is fixed. I feel its probably something that should be left on to maximise performance of devices competing for bandwidth. Its enabled on 384.15 and works great.

Thank you

If you use Apple Devices: reset network settings and make a new wifi connection. Apple has the habit to store some undocumented goodies with the password profile. It is advizable to add this as a standard practice with every firmware update/upgrade (for Macbooks: remove the wifi connection, reboot and make a new one).

I am having the same problems and disabling MU-MIMO on my RT-AC5300 resolves the problem too... going back to 384.13 for example works flawlessly

If you use Apple Devices: reset network settings and make a new wifi connection. Apple has the habit to store some undocumented goodies with the password profile. It is advizable to add this as a standard practice with every firmware update/upgrade (for Macbooks: remove the wifi connection, reboot and make a new one).

Great, thanks for the advice. I'll give that a go on the next upgrade, bit of a pain as there are a few Apple devices to do after upgrades. We do what we gotta do :)

I am having the same problems and disabling MU-MIMO on my RT-AC5300 resolves the problem too... going back to 384.13 for example works flawlessly
Hopefully it will be fixed in future release, unless its just a case as SheikhSheikha stated that Apple Devices have to be reset due to 'feature' to how they handle password profiles