What's new

Latest Merlin firmware wireless N 200mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rob Nellen

New Around Here
Hi guys

I have an Asus Rt-AC68U and currently have version 378.54_2 firmware installed on it. I have a raspberry pi 2 with a wireless AC adaptor but because of compatibility issues I have to run the adaptor on 5GHZ wireless N at 150mbps. Anything above this (AC) causes the wireless to drop out and makes it unusable.

The problem I have is with the latest firmwares the 5GHZ wireless N speed is now at 200mbps and causes the adaptor to drop out. I have had to roll back a couple of times after trying various firmwares. Is there a way to cap the speed at which the adaptor connects to the wireless? Either AC or N 150mbps?

Many thanks

Last edited:
here a way to cap the speed at which the adaptor connects to the wireless? Either AC or N 150mbps?
You could try 20Mhz channel bandwidth. It dropped my speed to 195. My adapter has 3 antennas I assume your bandwidth will be less since yours have less than 3.

Thanks snakebite

I think I have tried that and it still took it over 150Mbps. I will have another go though when I get home tonight. Is it because of the driver version that the speed has now increased with the latest firmware?

Cheers

Thanks snakebite

I think I have tried that and it still took it over 150Mbps. I will have another go though when I get home tonight. Is it because of the driver version that the speed has now increased with the latest firmware?

Cheers
Try the older firmware if you think this lastest causes the speed to increase. I haven't my notice my wi-fi improving.
Are you the only one using the router? There's no other solution for your wi-fi adapter issue? It seems wasteful to cripple your router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!