What's new

Latest Merlin - Possible bug with log rotation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johnathonm

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I am running an Asus RT-AC86U Extreme, with your latest firmware. I am running into what I think is a bug. I have a EXT4 connected 64 GB USB 3 drive connected to the router mounted at /mnt/sda1/. I have set my logs to be saved to a custom location: /mnt/sda1/logs/ and at first I had it set to a frequency of every 1 hour. Then I decided to change it to one week, and it did an applying (but not a count down one which was odd) and remained at 1 hour. I then tinkered a bit and managed to get it to stick with 3 days. However, when I went from 3 days to 1 week, it had the same result, only this time it stayed with the 3 day value.

I have been able to set it to 3 days now without issue but wanted to report it since I was able to replicate it via a variety of methods. If I'm wrong and it's not a bug but how it's supposed to work, please accept my apologies.

J

This might not be a bug with your build, however, as I just remembered that I upgraded the syslog-ng entware. I apologize for the confusion as a non-standard module is not a bug in your firmware as a non-standard module is not supported.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!