What's new

GT-AXE 16000 Latest Merlin and latest Stock both have memory leaks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
I can verify this with both Merlin 386.6 and Stock 24329 Firmwares.

About 42 devices connected
NO QOS - NO VPN - NO DNS Director - DNS over TLS active
IP reservations

Simple setup. This happened to me twice now on each firmware.

Stock - 30% free memory on reboot - after 7 days the memory jumps to 38% at that point I had a complete router freeze - All connections dropped -
Merlin - 27% free memory on fresh reboot - after 8 days the memory jumps to 35% at that point I had a complete router freeze - All connections dropped -

Simular situations (same code I guess). Has anyone else had this happen to them? When the connections drop they never come back, its a complete router freeze only recoverable by a reboot. Any ideas?

CC

I have 23 days of uptime on my GT-AXE16000, and currently have 62% of my RAM free. You must have something else using that memory or causing these freezes.

If it were memory related, you would be much closer to having 0% free. 35% is plenty sufficient.

Do you have a USB HDD/SSD/Thumbdrive plugged in?

Any ideas?

You can check in SSH, top what is using the RAM and what processes are running. Your router freezes are caused by something else, not RAM related.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!