What's new

Latest update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I am still on 19 ( I know slack) but my excuse is that I need a time when no-one needs to access anything through the router for an hour or two. My question is if I update straight to 386.2 will the router still need an hour or two to settle down?
It's really hard to find a time where no one is surfing or streaming in this madhouse.
PS I thought kids were supposed to flap their wings at 18 let alone 26

People make themselves scarce around here when I tell them the wifi will be down for maintenance/upgrades for 2 hours or more.
I think they're happy that someone is keeping it working or possibly improving it, so they don't complain and find other places to be/things to do.

Depends on the router. May also help them grow stronger wings too.

People make themselves scarce around here when I tell them the wifi will be down for maintenance/upgrades for 2 hours or more.
I think they're happy that someone is keeping it working or possibly improving it, so they don't complain and find other places to be/things to do.
God forbid the, not so little one anymore, should remember that she was quite the scorer at both basketball and ausie rules, ( note she played basketball not netball) and even dabbled at lacrosse.
Ok let's see what happens
NOTICE THIS HOUSEHOLD WILL OFF THE GRID FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS BETWEEN SUNUP AND SUNSET
I'll keep you posted if you like

Cool that worked,told them that it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it (meaning the dirty flash,and my wife still says I'm not funny,go figure) or the whole internet may chrash so I got the usual, whatever Dad, but it's done now.
Beautiful clean update thanks again Eric I will head over to PayPal now and and shout you a Victoria bitter,or two,
I will do a hard reset if needed but it was such a painless smooth update I don't think I will need to

Cool that worked,told them that it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it (meaning the dirty flash,and my wife still says I'm not funny,go figure) or the whole internet may chrash so I got the usual, whatever Dad, but it's done now.
Beautiful clean update thanks again Eric I will head over to PayPal now and and shout you a Victoria bitter,or two,
I will do a hard reset if needed but it was such a painless smooth update I don't think I will need to
Firmware flashing isn't herculean, as you've noted: you got whatever-ed by kiddo for implying your router could bring down the whole of the interwebz...lol.

Firmware flashing isn't herculean, as you've noted: you got whatever-ed by kiddo for implying your router could bring down the whole of the interwebz...lol.
no I know that but last time I tried updating to 386.1 I couldn't Logon to the router and I read that it could last a couple of hours before the router settled down and as I need to change the vid to 2 ( I believe that is because of its ppoe connection) before it will allow internet access. So if the same happened again with this update then it still wouldn't be a herclulean effort but there would not be any streaming of face booking unless they use their phones.In the end it was a no fuss update so yes it was all just a storm in a teacup ps I know the bit about bringing down the whole internet was corny but it's all I could think of lol

Last edited:
Imagine if you did, though :eek: - you would be an internet superstar when it got fixed: "it was MY DAD who broke the interwebz, yo!"

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!