What's new

Limited throughput RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

David Donlin

Occasional Visitor
Hi Folks
Just recently upgraded verizon fios to 400/400. I have an RT-AC68U with 384.11.2, skynet,diversion,spdmerlin, dnscrypt all running. QOS is turned off, Can't get speedtest throughput above 220 down and 360 up. I've turned off vpns, skynet, diversion. re run with same results,. wan port shows as being set at 1 gbs. Verzion tech ran tests from ont and was getting 600/600, he checked from router and was getting same speeds as the speedtests I was getting.

Looking for suggestions, what am I missing here? Greatly appreciate any help. Cheers

Hi Folks
Just recently upgraded verizon fios to 400/400. I have an RT-AC68U with 384.11.2, skynet,diversion,spdmerlin, dnscrypt all running. QOS is turned off, Can't get speedtest throughput above 220 down and 360 up. I've turned off vpns, skynet, diversion. re run with same results,. wan port shows as being set at 1 gbs. Verzion tech ran tests from ont and was getting 600/600, he checked from router and was getting same speeds as the speedtests I was getting.

Looking for suggestions, what am I missing here? Greatly appreciate any help. Cheers
Check Lan>Switch Control>Hardware acceleration>Enable should at least say CTF (Cut Through Forwarding).

switch control says disabled NAT traffic is processed by CPU, I just changed it from Auto.
Put it back to auto and make sure you at least see CTF. If this doesn't do it, reset to factory defaults and do not enable anything like AI-Protection or QOS or anything proprietary and it will allow flow control to work. That will be the only way you can get the top speeds you wish. Using Skynet and Diversion should keep you golden, without AI-Protection.

Welcome to the forum my friend!

back in auto, but no option of ctf only disabled or Auto, Factory reset tomorrow.
Next to the setting of "auto" you should see something in yellow that says CTF or Cut Through Forwarding and if not you need to reboot the router for it to take effect.

On the tools page after you reboot you should be able to see the status here. Under the Tools Tab. Mine looks like this but you want other information here.
ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U   System Information.jpg

Yours will say CTF and Flow Control.

mine says - Disabled - incompatible with: IPTraffic but cant click on IPTraffic
Are you running some setting on the router to do with IP Traffic filtering or anything? If it won't let you change the setting a reset and minimal config to get going. Minimal meaning an IP and DNS and that's it. Then make sure both assets of Acceleration are enabled. Then test your speeds. If it's good....add Skynet and Diversion and stay away from the Asus proprietary addons or monitoring settings.

Oh and reboot the router after changing these settings.

Can I reset from the admin-> Restore/Save/Upload Setting or should it be from the button on the back of the router.

Can I reset from the admin-> Restore/Save/Upload Setting or should it be from the button on the back of the router.
The reset button in admin settings is fine, you can check the box next to it as well, that will erase any AI-Protection stuff and leave you with a clean slate.

Pretty sure the setting to turn off Per IP Traffic Monitoring is in Tools Other Settings near the top. No reset needed.
I read that as traffic history not ip traffic history. My stupid mistake! :oops::oops:

A reboot at least would be advised.

Ok reset router - HW acceleration Enabled (CTF only) - download at 211 upload at 390
Did you restore settings from a saved file, or did you just set an IP and DNS and test? Do not import any saved settings.

Ok reset router - HW acceleration Enabled (CTF only) - download at 211 upload at 390
Are you testing from a ethernet client or a wifi client?